Anyone else a spin fan?

Options
Just got back into it last week, and I'd forgotten how much I loved it in the first place! I had another great instructor who pushed me to the limit, and I was sweating and detoxing like a mofo.

Then I went to a great yoga class. Since my muscles were so warm, I was able to stretch more and hold things easier. I got lots of praise for that today, and it made me feel great!

Anyone else love this stuff? Time flies when you're doing cardio! Love it!

Replies

• FriendsR4EverTreasures
    Options
    I do! I teach spin and have been for 9 years, still love it like the first day! :):heart:
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I honestly love spin a lot!! I have to say it is really amazing to have so much fun work out and really enjoy it and seeing a big change in your life. Have a great day bleachblonde78:flowerforyou:
  • JohnFurie
    Options
    I go to the gym but I have never done any type of class before. I was interested in going to a spinning class, it is something you would recommend?
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    after more than 6 months of telling myself I needed to try spin, I did ... last week, and I've taken 3 classes, I LOVE IT!!! Friday I did spin and then went to zumba and was still going.
  • slickracer
    Options
    I'm much much happier just getting on my bike and riding outside. Much more motivating for me. I save the spin class for rainy days.
  • sgrinavi
    sgrinavi Posts: 80
    Options
    Hell ya :-)

Low impact & high intensity
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I took up spinning this summer and love it.

I especially like how there is no impact on your joints and I feel great afterwards.

K
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    yes - I would definitely recommend at least trying it, especially if you're already thinking of it, just do it, you'll know if you love it or hate it :)
  • dreaasha
    dreaasha Posts: 31
    Options
    I highly recommend it! Then again, I'm biased, I'm just happy as anything with this class. I'm going to try to get it in 3 times a week out my 5 day workout week.
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm bonkers for spin! And now I've started using a heart rate monitor during class, and I love it even more!! It's such a great workout and I love being in that particular mind/body zone that I get in spin class. It's the best! I've been doing it 3-4 times a week
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Spin class was my only reservation about canceling my gym membership. I HATE the gym, but I LOVE spin. I'll just have to start loving riding by myself outside when my membership expires next month.
  • Cornock
    Cornock Posts: 254
    Options
    ADDICTED!!!! 4 times a week!
  • Jrlorenc84
    Jrlorenc84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ive never done a spin class but I hear alot of great reviews about it. Wondering what makes it so great? Sincerely curious.
  • ericthred
    ericthred Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been doing spin for a couple weeks. Before that I had done a couple weeks, but took two weeks off due to an unrelated injury.

I really, really like spin class. But did anyone else have a hard time making progress in it?

For example, our instructor teacher has us do roughly three different positions. Sitting (#1), Standing, hips over pedals (#2) and leaning forward, arms reaching out on handle bars, hips far back (over your saddle) (#3). Then there are these jumps that people do based off of #3, but I haven't even gotten there yet.

I can do #3, but usually not for a whole song. I've finally been able to hang in a little longer, but this is after 5 classes, and I thought I would build up stamina faster than that. I am out of breath usually 1.5 -2.5 minutes into sprints and #2 and #3s. The instructor says men take a bit longer to build up stamina to this. I could believe it too - the women in class are amazing, even the ones who just start out. I must be a big wimpy guy.

What do you think? Should I expect a month or so before I see a real development in my stamina?
  • greensnow
    Options
    I love spin class :) I try and go Monday - Friday :)
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!! I go twice a week :-)