Here we go...

Options
I am thankful for this site. I am a student on a teeny budget and free is always good :)
I have never been thin or a healthy weight but in the last year I have gained a horrible amount of weight and I just want to feel better and have my clothes fit again. I joined a gym and went for the first time last night.
Meanwhile, I live with my chef boyfriend and he loses weight without trying. How fair is that?! He does most of our cooking and I think that's going to be my biggest hurdle. It's delicious, but not terribly healthy. So like I said, here we go!
Thanks,
Erin:flowerforyou:

Replies

• dangerkitty2001
    Options
    I am thankful for this site. I am a student on a teeny budget and free is always good :)
    I have never been thin or a healthy weight but in the last year I have gained a horrible amount of weight and I just want to feel better and have my clothes fit again. I joined a gym and went for the first time last night.
    Meanwhile, I live with my chef boyfriend and he loses weight without trying. How fair is that?! He does most of our cooking and I think that's going to be my biggest hurdle. It's delicious, but not terribly healthy. So like I said, here we go!
    Thanks,
    Erin:flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: This site is great. There are a lot of people here who will be glad to encourage you on your journey.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    perhaps you could challenge your bf to make healthy versions of some of your favorite meals? ask him to add more vegetables, less butter, etc
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome dangerkitty2001!! Be glad that you signed up for this site, its great motivation. There are always people willing to help when you struggle, and give you props when you succeed no matter the amount!!

I too, live my bf who is a chef.... and its an obstacle to try to make him cook healthier because he is all about the taste, minus the nutrition stats! I've gained 10 lbs living with him in about 8 months... NOT GOOD!!! Do you like to cook? If so, its great to experiment with tasty and healthy menus together, we enjoy it....

I wish you the best of luck...I'm sure you will do great!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    If putting BBQ sauce on everything makes you a chef, then my DH is a chef!

I left out the ingredients for tomato sauce one time. 2 cans crushed tomatoes, 3 cloves garlic, 2 med onion. Even measured out the parsley, oregano, bay leaf and thyme.

Come home, it is all cooked....I am the happiest wife, with the bestest husband.

Sit down to eat and eyeball a bottle of BBQ sauce on the counter.....fork full of sketti and sauce 1/2 way to my mouth.

Uh, what is that, I ask my DH....I dont know you said put everything on the counter into the sauce and that was on the counter:noway: :noway:

Well needless to say, I dont ask HIM to cook!

So welcome!! We are all a bunch of really happy losers!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you! Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • dangerkitty2001
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement!!! The bf knows this is important to me, and is supportive, so I am hoping he will be willing to add the veggies and cut back on butter, etc. He's just a meat and potatoes guy! But I appreciate the welcome!