Track Calories in a different order - Helps keep calories do

Options
My big problem is the evening meal- dinner. I eat too much, and add too many calories. I had a tip when I went to Weight Watchers. Start your daily tracking with Dinner. So, I am going to try it here. I will not track today's calories. On Tuesday, I will track Monday nights dinner. I will then track my breakfast and lunch-- giving me my total calories for the day. Why does this work? If I use the majority of my calories at dinner- it is much easier to cut back on breakfast and lunch and , hopefully, to stay within my suggested calories for the day. I will let you all know how it turns out :happy:

Replies

• runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    An interesting tip I learned from WW way back when that is the opposite of your plan, but works for me - eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. :) It has worked really well for me. You want more food at the beginning of the day so you have more time to burn it off throughout! Plus it gives you good energy and keeps you from overeating later on.

Good luck!!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    both seem like good strategies, see what works for you!
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    chedges, that seems a fantastic idea. I really struggle with eating over in the evenings too, but can go with less food during the day. Think I'm going to give that a try too, thanks for the tip.
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd do a quick update. Wish I'd done this ages ago as it really is working for me. I also exercise first thing (before breakfast) so if I had too many cals for my evening meal and snack I know exactly how many to burn to allow for a decent breakfast to refuel and lunch.