New to weight loss journey in need of support.

Options
Im Kim, 23 new to my weightloss journey and in need of support. I have a weightloss goal of 103lbs to get me to my goal weight which is a big goal and seems overwhelming at times. Ive been at this since July and have lost 6lbs (93 more to go!) but I havnt been logging on consecutively. Getting back on track now, and could really use all the support I can get.

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    using the mobile app is great for on the go calorie counting. what i do is plan out my meals the night before, and i try to stick with it. not every meal, but at least breakfast, lunch, and snacks.

what is your daily calorie goal, and what kind of exercise do you do??
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You may want to fill out your profile a bit more so that people can learn more about you and to show you are committed to losing the weight. I'm sure after that, the friend requests will roll in. Best wishes to you. If you're at a place in your life that you really want to do this, you will. MFP is a great tool for it too.
  • bjpetey0306
    Options
    Ooh, Kim, add me! I'm also 23 and I have about 100 lbs to lose too! So much in common :) Let's be friends!
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm Paige, 20. Feel free to add me if you like! I'm looking to get from 215 down to around 145. I thought it would never happen but with this site I'm almost there. Starting off it the hardest, but you just have to stick with it.
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing - I use the app, and I plan out my breakfast, lunch and at least one snack the night before. :)

100lbs is a lot, and can be daunting (I have 100+ to lose!) so try not to think about that huge boulder! break it down into mini goals... 5 or 10lbs - that's a lot less scary to think of!

and I think tracking (honestly!) every day helps so much. for me, being accountable to others - my friends on here - helps me make better choices :)

good luck on your journey! you can do this!!!
  • fat_girl_b_gone
    Options
    Hi Kim,
    I too have alot of weight to lose. Please add me as a friend and we can do this together.
  • cubsfan847
    cubsfan847 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree breaking it down into smaller goals will minimize the daunting feeling. Track, track, track!
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if you like im 25 years old and have about 36 lbs to loose good luck on your journey you are defo in the right place for support :)
  • kimmermcb
    kimmermcb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im working on it, thank you. :o)
  • kimmermcb
    Options
    using the mobile app is great for on the go calorie counting. what i do is plan out my meals the night before, and i try to stick with it. not every meal, but at least breakfast, lunch, and snacks.

what is your daily calorie goal, and what kind of exercise do you do??

I use the mobile app, and it does help alot. 2050 is my calorie goal, which seems high to me, I am more in the 1800 range daily..tend to go over on carbs, sodium, and sugar the most and fall short of the vitamins and calcium. As far as exercise elliptical, Dance central for xbox kinect, I use an Ab Circle Pro..which I am not to fond of, Bicycling, and walking my dog about 2miles, I alternate these exercises throughout the week.
  • kimmermcb
    Options
    feel free to add me if you like im 25 years old and have about 36 lbs to loose good luck on your journey you are defo in the right place for support :)
    Thank you! I added you. Keep up the good work!
  • kimmermcb
    Options
    I agree breaking it down into smaller goals will minimize the daunting feeling. Track, track, track!
    Yeah, it is much easier to say 1lb a week, then 93lbs!! Thank you for responding.
  • kimmermcb
    Options
    Hi Kim,
    I too have alot of weight to lose. Please add me as a friend and we can do this together.
    I would be more then happy to be friends, and help you with your weightloss also! Thank you.
  • kimmermcb
    Options
    I do the same thing - I use the app, and I plan out my breakfast, lunch and at least one snack the night before. :)

100lbs is a lot, and can be daunting (I have 100+ to lose!) so try not to think about that huge boulder! break it down into mini goals... 5 or 10lbs - that's a lot less scary to think of!

and I think tracking (honestly!) every day helps so much. for me, being accountable to others - my friends on here - helps me make better choices :)

good luck on your journey! you can do this!!!
    All good advice! Thank you for responding! :o)
  • kimmermcb
    Options
    I'm Paige, 20. Feel free to add me if you like! I'm looking to get from 215 down to around 145. I thought it would never happen but with this site I'm almost there. Starting off it the hardest, but you just have to stick with it.
    Thank you Paige! Keep up the good work.
  • kimmermcb
    Options
    Ooh, Kim, add me! I'm also 23 and I have about 100 lbs to lose too! So much in common :) Let's be friends!
    YAY! So glad to have a friend on here now :o) Having sooo much in common is also a plus! Thank you.
  • kimmermcb
    Options
    You may want to fill out your profile a bit more so that people can learn more about you and to show you are committed to losing the weight. I'm sure after that, the friend requests will roll in. Best wishes to you. If you're at a place in your life that you really want to do this, you will. MFP is a great tool for it too.
    Thank you. I added to my profile just today. Thank you for the response and Best wishes to you as well!