Juicing?

Options
I bought a juicer Saturday; first juice yesterday (fruit - apple, peach, grapes, strawberries) and it was GREAT! Anyone else juice? Any advice?

Replies

• lizflowers
    Options
    try carrots, kale, spinach, and beets
  • robertsonh14
    Options
    check out jason vales juicing detox. The super chute juice is lovely.
  • robertsonh14
    Options
    Meant to say i lost 4lb in 6 days doing the detox.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love juicing, my favorite is apple, beet, carrot and ginger.
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    We are juicing daily morning and evening since June this year and love it, we try out every fruit and vegetable available, though we prefer fruits for juicing and vegetables for cooking. But that is the nice thing, try things you never tried before and either you like it and use them again or you don't like them and keep them out of your juicer. We have multiple favorites since we started, but every week I try at least 2 new variations or additions.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I do juice, try get more vegatables in the juicer just use the fruit to make it taste better. If you only juice with fruit your are pouring the sugar in you. Those all juice drinks sure do taste great. LEAN toward more vegatables..... Happy Juicing!!
  • Amandajean1105
    Amandajean1105 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I tend to use carrots and/or celery as my base for juicing. From there I add in other items, like an apple, ginger, spinach, peppers radishes etc.

As another MFP poster stated, be careful about how many fruits you add in, as it will add a TON of sugars.

Good Luck!
  • Mis13crawford
    Mis13crawford Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I made one this evening will veggies and YUMMY!!! Now how would I count that on the calorie chart? (If I used 4 carrots indicate 4 carrots and if Im splitting the juice with my husband only indicate half of everything I use?)