Vacation weight not shifting!

Options
Hi all, just need a bit of motivation and support here.

Before i went on my 2 week trip to Greece I had reached my goal weight. I didn't go crazy on my vacation but I did indulge a bit too much. When I came home and weighed myself I had put on 8lbs, 4 of which were water weight and I lost in a few days...the rest is not budging! I'm back to eat 1200 kcals a day and exercising. Its just so hard to find the motivation to keep trying to lose the last 4lbs. By the way, i'm only 5ft so those 4lbs actually do show. Anyone out there who has gotten through this? Any advice or tips? Thanks

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    This may be sacrilege to this website, but it could be that you have to have fewer net calories than 1200. When you are short (as I am, although not as short as you), I'm not sure that the 1200 cal rule applies in the same way. Check out the calorie needs calculators on freedieting.com , do some other online research for calculators, and compare what you get, then make a plan.

By the way, I still love MFP because of its ease of use, and because almost any food I eat is on here. And it is easy to access on my iphone. I just think that we are all individuals, and there is no "one size fits all" rule for healthy eating!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    If you are anything like me you probably over indulged on carbs mostly on your vacation.

Maybe trying a few days with a high protein number...that worked for me after I went away for a few days and put on 3lbs...lost it within 3 days of getting home.

Good luck hun x
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    one of the only things that would shake up a stall like this (for me) was to make a big change with exercise! (starving isn't an option for me!! LOL)

so about every 3rd day I'd do a workout that burn a bunch more calories. So, let's say I was walking brisk and burning 300 cals in 45 minutes on a regular basis...on the next day i would add jogging intervals and push calories burned up by 100. this seemed to get things losing again. i always ate back the exercise calories.

Best of Luck, you'll find what works for you. Everyone is different. :)