NYBNY Challenge week 6 results week 7 chat closed group

Options
Congratulations to Team Thin It to Win It who won this weeks challenge with a 108.5 points.
Team Weight Loss Warrior Princesses had 87.3 points and Team Abnehmen had 83.9 points.

Individual with the highest % of weight lost compared to goal: Josh with 16.57%
Individual with the most pounds lost: Josh with 5.8 lbs.
Individual Calorie Burn Challenge Winner: Mitzi with 2,132 calories burned.

We have lost a total of 139.6 lbs so far!!! WTG!!!!!!!!

Team Thin It to Win It here is your trophy....

9336080_5060.jpg

copy and paste to your signature, change the capital I's in Img to lowercase i's at the beginning and end.

Replies

• dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    YESSS we killed it!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Woohoo!!!:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I stole your trophy.

:devil: :tongue:
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    I stole your trophy.

:devil: :tongue:

LMAO!
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    WLWP, last week was definitely a better week. Let's do even better this week!!
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The Princesses took 2nd while short one person. This week we are at full force and ready to take the trophy!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I had a lazy weekend (well lazy for me anyways)

This week the A team will get victory # 3.

Congrates winners
  • hopespringseternal
    Options
    My posts are naked without my trophy. I want it back!!!!!
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    Woohoo!! Go Team! :happy:
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Great job Thin It To Win It! Enjoy your win :) The princesses will take the trophy next week!
  • BigDave1050
    Options
    OK Challengers, below is the list of September Challenges thrown down my Team Abnehmen. We will start these next week 09/05/11 :bigsmile:

Monday: Weigh in (1 pt)
    Muscle Monday: At least 30 minutes of strength training (1pt) can be body weight

Tuesday: Rep’n Tuesday
    Add 20 minutes to a cardio workout. (1pt)
    Add 20 reps to a work out like sit ups, push up. (1pt)

Wednesday: Something new, New exercise routine that you have never done before. So if you have never tried yoga then
    that would count as a new routine for that day. (1pt)
    Water down Wednesday. Make your recommended water intake (1pt)

Thursday: Throw-down Thursday: Challenge another teammate to burn more calories or workout longer, whichever, than
    yourself. (1 pt)
    It’s good for you: Hit your fiber and Vegetable/fruit goals. (1pt)

Friday: 3 day grace, doing 3 days of 45+min of exercise during the week (1pt)
    Take it outside, doing some type of exercise (cardio, stretch) outside (1pt)

Weekends continue to be a team burn challenge.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Those look great! I'm not working out outside as it is already 80-85 degrees here at 5:00 a.m., but I'm on board for all the rest. Hopefully my Northern teammates will be able to pick up my slack on that one!

Hmm. Just re-read. Stretching outside in the morning might not be so bad. I nay be able to hold my own.

Question: for Rep'n Tuesday, how do we determine the added 20 minutes? If I'm running 30-60 minutes normally, would I have to run 80 minutes for it to count, or would 50 suffice?
  • BigDave1050
    Options

Question: for Rep'n Tuesday, how do we determine the added 20 minutes? If I'm running 30-60 minutes normally, would I have to run 80 minutes for it to count, or would 50 suffice?

If you already run 60 then you would add 20min. (not far if you are use to doing 60 and you get the point for doing 50) I personally do 45 min when i comes to cardio (when on the machines) so for me it would be 85min to get the point. Same with the reps, I usally do three sets of what ever exercise I'm doing (curls, situps, push ups) so I would add a few more to each rep to get at least 20 extra in for the point.
  • allnamesrtaken
    allnamesrtaken Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    At first I was worried when I read the challenge for fridays next month since the Texas heat has been CRAZY this summer, it has been 108-112 degrees here the last month. Then I remembered how much I loved the steam room at the gym I used to go to. So, I wont be walking or running outside anytime soon but yoga outside iearly morning or evening would be nice. I havent used my pool for anything but an airconditioner this summer since the house is still about 80-85 inside. We just go sit in it to cool off and head back inside. This gives me great incentive to do some water aerobics and do some little laps.
    Thanks for your creativity! Great job!
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    For Throw Down Thursday-do both people participating get the point or only the winner? And can the challenge be to a person on another team?
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    If you already run 60 then you would add 20min. (not far if you are use to doing 60 and you get the point for doing 50)

60 minutes is my long run for the week, typically on Sarurday. I've twice now been able to push it to 72 without vomitting, so maybe I could do 80. I'll try. Thanks for the push.

If I vomit, though, I'm going to tack some extra time onto one of my shorter runs-- either the 30 or the 45 minute run. Well, it's Tuesday so that would be the 45 minute run day usually.

Thanks!
  • BigDave1050
    Options
    For Throw Down Thursday-do both people participating get the point or only the winner? And can the challenge be to a person on another team?

I belive you both should get a point for doing the challenge but only one gets the braggin rights for the week. (and if you win you can brag all you want) I think its a good option to choose a team member from a differnt team as well. allows us to get to know other NYBNY challengers as well.
  • BigDave1050
    Options
    If you already run 60 then you would add 20min. (not far if you are use to doing 60 and you get the point for doing 50)

60 minutes is my long run for the week, typically on Sarurday. I've twice now been able to push it to 72 without vomitting, so maybe I could do 80. I'll try. Thanks for the push.

If I vomit, though, I'm going to tack some extra time onto one of my shorter runs-- either the 30 or the 45 minute run. Well, it's Tuesday so that would be the 45 minute run day usually.

Thanks!

If Tuesday is your normal 45min run day, then add 20 min to that. I didn't mean you have to add 20 to your longest run time. (I'm not that Cruel) But if you want to challenge me to a 80 min run, well we can do that, and by run I mean walk and by walk I mean really slow like 2.5 on the tread mill. LOL
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options

Thanks!

If Tuesday is your normal 45min run day, then add 20 min to that. I didn't mean you have to add 20 to your longest run time. (I'm not that Cruel) But if you want to challenge me to a 80 min run, well we can do that, and by run I mean walk and by walk I mean really slow like 2.5 on the tread mill. LOL

LOL indeed! This gave me images of challenging somebody to a lengthy, slow walk-off! I think walking on the treadmill at like 1.5 for 80 minutes would be tantamount to torture! lol
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Where is everybody?

Yesterday I:
    Ran 65 minutes
    Walked 20 minutes
    &Played Rythm Kung Fu on the Wii for 10 minutes for a total of 95minutes! 2 points, please.
    By the way, rythm kung Fu is pretty sweet.