Prepackaged/Low Ingredient foods...

Options
Thought this would be a good place to share ideas. Althought we all know eating fresh non-prepackaged foods are the best, we also know how convienient they are and not all of us can sucessfully cut them out all together.

I'm trying to limit prepackaged foods with long lists of ingredients in an attempt to try to stay away from processed foods.

I love Kashi Cereals. Their Autumn Wheat cereal has only Organic Whole Grain Wheat and Organic Evaporated Cane Juice. Simple and really yummy!

What are your favorites?

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Amy's makes some GREAT frozen meals. All organic and the ingredients are very limited.
  • wendibartel
    Options
    I love Kashi brand foods in general. My favorite cereal is the cinnamon harvest
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Lara bars rock and very portable.
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    I like these VeeTee Indian meals. They are in a pouch so shelf stable. But made of real ingredients, no preservatives or extraneous ingredients. They have rice (brown) that is pre-cooked too. I keep one of the sides (right now it is Kadhi Pakoza which is veg dumplings in curry yogurt sauce) and rice in my desk at work for days I may not be able to make something or plain forget lunch. I eat half of each and it is around 300 cals. They are all vegan or vegetarian as well. :)
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Almonds. Dried fruit (prunes, dates) with no sugar added. My preference is 1 ingredient foods.
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    For a quick sweet treat, I love Trader Joe's dried fruit bars. 50 cals.
  • genxrider
    genxrider Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of Trader Joe's stuff. Almost exclusively actually. They are usually pretty limited on processing and a lot of their stuff is organic, vegan, vegetarian, etc.
  • Navmachine
    Options
    i tend to keep cliff bars in my bag. my favorite flavors are banana nut bread, carrot cake, and chocolate brownie.they bring me out of a sugar low without the crashing like candy, and are a bit more tasty than other "fitness bars" i've tried.
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Thanks for these suggestions... I've looked up all of your suggestions so far and they look great! Thanks for sharing! :) And you know what, I'd forgotten about Trader Joes... I'll be heading there on my next groceries trip!!!