Mission Slimpossible (Closed Group)

Options
Go Team! This forum is set up for us to post our updates for the September Tribal Challenge. First thing everyone will need to either post or email me (if you're shy about it ;) is your starting weight on Thursday. The following are some guidelines.

Weigh - IN
Thursday you will need to each email me your beginning weight. If you're not shy about it you can post it in the team forum.
Each monday morning you will need to message me with your ending weight.
As a team we receive points for the % of weight you have lost.

Daily Challenges
When you send me your new weight on Monday I need you to list if you did each daily challenge. If you missed a day or two please let me know. Remember if you miss a daily exercise challenge you can make it up for that week. So if you have a bad day, double up the next. If everyone on your team does the daily exercise challenge your team will get bonus points. The same with the weekly team challenge.

Weekly Team Challenges
These consist of exercise and non exercise goals. For instance if your team every day meets their calorie goal, drinks their 64oz of water they will get the weekly team challenge credit. In order to get the weekly everyone needs to do this goal.

A sample of what you will post in the forum on Monday morning:

Current weight. (please don't send me lbs lost I just need the number)
Dailies: I did all 6 days this week.
Weekly: I hit the weekly challenge this week!

Replies

• ahsutton
    ahsutton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site and this sounds like a fun challenge but I see that it states "closed group" could you please explain this to me. Thanks :smile:
  • garconnie
    garconnie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Alright sounds good thanks for organizing this Amy. My starting weight for this month is 122.
  • garconnie
    Options
    Also Team slimpossible please add me if you don't have me already: garconnie
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Exercises have been posted! I will be making two posts - the first is the basic set of exercises. The second will be the advanced set. Do one or the other, not both. If you skip a day or miss it, you can make it up later in the week.

THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • amymoore728
    Options
    THESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! I will post the youtube videos tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 5 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 7 - Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • garconnie
    Options
    I'm def digging the pygmy excercises more than the advanced one.
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Try to get in the habit of posting your foods now before the challenge starts... we have a few practice days before it starts counting. Also, they tweaked the rules a bit - points will be awarded based on percentage weight lost instead of total pounds, which will really help our team. We are starting out a bit slimmer than some other teams, so percentage will give us some advantage.
  • franscott
    Options
    Do we lose points if we dont meet our calorie goal? Im trying but man its hard. I think im shooting for the bushman...i think the globe jumps are gonna kick my butt...but ill try em.
  • garconnie
    Options
    what do you mean posting foods?
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Connie - entering everything into the database. We have several people on our team that are new to MFP that haven't had to keep up the calorie count before.

Fran - keep in mind that you can eat back your exercise calories! Since you typically do 2 hour long workouts per day, you need to eat more to give your body fuel for all that working out you do! Make sure that you are entering workouts into the program as well so you know how much you can eat.
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Point scoring system:

The scoring is as follows. I hope this is simple. If you have questions I’ll answer them for you.
    • 1 point for percentage weight lost per team member
    • 1 point for each team member who does their daily exercise challenge (1 point per member)
    • 1 point for the other weekly challenges (water intake, staying under calories etc.) Each week
    different challenge per member
    • (you will put 1 in the excel spreadsheet)
    • BONUS POINTS
    o Daily Exercise – If every team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 days
    Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points
    o Weekly Challenges – if every team member log the weekly challenge as doing it for all 6
    days Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points
  • amymoore728
    Options
    THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1.

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • amymoore728
    Options
    THESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 2 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • monikamoore
    Options
    Go Mission Slimpossible. Thanks for getting us going Amy!
  • monikamoore
    Options
    Go Mission Slimpossible. Thanks for getting us going Amy!
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Is everyone excited for this challenge? I know I am, and I know that makes me an exercise junkie... but bring it! We can handle this.

My official weigh in for starting the challenge is 137. I am getting closer to where I want to be :) but... That just makes it harder to lose the last few pounds, so I will be doing the advanced exercises for this challenge.
  • franscott
    Options
    Thats right Amy~ Bring it indeed!! :0) Starting weight is 201.8....gonna count every once. LOL. I will be doing the advanced as well...cause in BBC we "go big or go home." Do we know what the weekly challenge is yet...or do we find out monday?
  • ecjankowski
    Options
    Starting weight is 120. My user name is ecjankowski. Sorry for the late response. Thanks for getting this going Amy. :)
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Alright team I still need weigh-ins for April, Blair, Monika, and Sydney. Feel free to private message or email it to me. I was having a hard time posting mine on this forum today because we all know each other!!!

Also funny to note that April, Johanna, Monika, Fran and I were all together eating chocolate cake tonight in preparation for tomorrow... Bring it on, September! We had our splurge.
  • amymoore728
    Options
    First day ladies! You can do it !