What's your favorite grab on the go snack?

Options
I'm planning out my vacation (yep I'm a planning nut w/vacations). We're going to Walt Disney World and leaving Sept 23rd to Oct 4th. We're on the dinning plan so I can keep an eye on my meals by planning in advance. However the meals we don't have planned/reservations for we'll be doing quick meals. I plan on stopping at Wal-mart and buying food/snacks/lots of water. What is your favorite snack that can be in a backpack for hours and still taste good? Any good ideas on meal ideas? Any good meal bars?

Replies

• risak
    risak Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Emerald - Breakfast on the Go.
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I like Larabars. All natural and pretty filling. Almonds are good too.
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    I LOVE the Luna Lemon Zest bars.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options

I just saw these at Wal-mart a couple weeks ago. I LOVE them. Do you use them as breakfast or do you add something with them?
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Fibre One bars or Christie's Temptation bars. Both yummy and the kids will like them too.
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My go-to snacks are Quaker Rice cakes (LOVE LOVE LOVE the chocolate ones) and Blue Diamond Natural Almonds.

HTH!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    Options
    I LOVE the Luna Lemon Zest bars.

I've got Larabars in the cupboard. Just haven't found a great tasting one yet. Need to try some more flavors.

Luna...where do you buy them? I haven't seen them or have overlooked them.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Tuna packets, nuts, dried fruit, turkey jerky (high sodium though), luna bars, baggies with dry cereal, kashi bars...
  • DisneyAddictRW
    Options
    Fibre One bars or Christie's Temptation bars. Both yummy and the kids will like them too.

sry for all the post don't want to miss out!

Fiber One bars is my hubby's favorite bars. Where do you find Christie's Temptation bars? Never heard of them. Are they a meal bar or snack bar?
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options

Love these. You can also pre-measure and pack walnuts in a ziplock snack size bag. I like rice krispie treats for my sweet tooth. If you have a backpack sized cooler, jello, pudding, or string cheese is good too!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    If you haven't eaten Fiber One bars...try them out at home first. A lot of people I know get very bad gas from them...would not be much fun walking around Disney World blowing bombs...LOL :embarassed:
  • risak
    risak Posts: 79 Member
    Options

I just saw these at Wal-mart a couple weeks ago. I LOVE them. Do you use them as breakfast or do you add something with them?

I actually use them as a snack right after breakfast. I usually drink my breakfast in the form of a shake (medifast shakes right now). Then once I get to work I'm starving and I break out the breakfast on the go.

I have transitioned from the Medifast diet to eating regular food but still small meals 5 times a day. Then dinner.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    Options
    What do you prefer walnuts or almonds? I like both but have always picked almonds.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    On a side note the Disney Dining plan is awesome. The snacks are terrible for you but I did ok when I went on the quick meals. So yummy, be sure to book the dinners in Epcot when possible they have the best food
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    I love almonds. Always have them around for a snack!

Side Note: SOOOO JEALOUS! Love Disney World. We are going next year. You can go to allearsnet.com and under the dinning they have the menus for all the resturants and I think there is a section on dieting. HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    Options
    On a side note the Disney Dining plan is awesome. The snacks are terrible for you but I did ok when I went on the quick meals. So yummy, be sure to book the dinners in Epcot when possible they have the best food

We're eating at:
    Cinderella's Royal Table
    Crystal Palace
    Hollywood & Vine
    50's Prime Time Cafe
    Mama Melrose
    Chef Mickey's
    Garden Grill
    Coral Reef
    LeCeillier

Right now we tend to go to places the kids will like. I've never looked into Epcot much with dinning. We love LeCeillier and the kids love Garden Grill. This will be our first time at Coral Reef. We'll be there during the Food & Vine Festival. Most of the places are buffets so I can pick fruit and veggies. I just need to stay away or be picky when I eat desserts. Disney seems to have PLENTY of choices for desserts.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    Options
    I love almonds. Always have them around for a snack!

Side Note: SOOOO JEALOUS! Love Disney World. We are going next year. You can go to allearsnet.com and under the dinning they have the menus for all the resturants and I think there is a section on dieting. HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!

A dieting section? Awesome I've been to that site before but never looked into the food. I'll have to do some looking and I'm sure that will at least help me plan. I'm a picky eater so anything I can do to help plan will make things easier for myself but also for the rest of the family while I'm complaining about what to pick!