Meal Replacement Shakes

Options
I'm looking into drinking meal replacement shakes in the morning for breakfast. I'm just so busy and I'm hoping this could help me a little. Could someone recommend one? Thanks!

Replies

• Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I drink Shakeology, it keeps me full and gives me energy plus its chalk-full of all kinds of nutrients!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Is there something you could prep ahead the night before? I pack my lunch & prep my breakfast at night before I go to bed.

Someone else might have more ieas about meal replacement shakes - the only ones I have tried (years ago) were Slim Fast - AWFUL. These shakes had really low protein and high sugar ......... I was hungry fairly quickly.
  • sarahsmart88
    Options
    Shakeology!
  • torresad2000
    Options
    i am using Vi Salus and replacing breakfast and dinner. Since I get home so late I just dont want to eat a big meal so I drink a shake. it's so yummy too and i use Soy Milk with it. Get with me if youd like to try it!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i like the kirkland chocolate weight loss shakes. 10g of protein. they're pretty filling. and $16 for a case of 24.
  • hiltonheadagain
    Options
    Perfect Meal from Garden of Life: has no artificial sweeteners (if that matters for you), very filling, and tastes good. I get the vanilla and add frozen fruit or sometimes will add just a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa to vary things up a bit. Hope that helps. Also, Vitamin Shoppe, Gold Standard Natural 100% Whey: reasonably priced, no artificial sweeteners.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I find shakeology to a bit cost prohibitive ($4 per shake). I got Metabolic Reset from Amazon and find it to work well (more like $1.50 a shake) --- high in protein and fiber so it keeps you full. I do add a handful of spinach to it and some flax seed just for added nutrients - you can't taste it. Sometimes I'll add some frozen fruit too.

I haven't compared nutrients since I eat a diet high in fruits and veggies, I don't worry too much about getting vitamins through my shakes, but if you don't, shakeology may or may not be worth the extra cost, I suggest you look at the nutrients of both closely.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I've never really liked the idea of shakes, and they do sound expensive.

But I discovered a great quick and easy breakfast recently...

I'd made HRT cake, which is supposed to help with menopausal symptoms. It contains loads of seeds - pumpkin, sunflower, linseed, as well as nuts and dried fruit. I put it in the recipe builder and was slightly shocked to find that it was 250 calories a slice - but on the good side it's packed with protein! I've been using it as a breakfast sometimes this past week, and its really filling. Maybe something like that would be useful?
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I drink Herbalife. I drink a shake every morning. I love it, keeps me full for a few hours and only 150 calories! Feel free to look at my diary.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I asked my trainer about those and she told me they are ok for a snack but to watch the calories. She said they are not good calories as a meal so I avoid them. I make oat bran every night for my breakfast the next day and take it with me to work , that or peanut butter and banana toast on sara lee 45 calorie bread or an english muffin or low carb tortilla.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I totally researched this on numerous sites which compared them all. The site was independent of all companies and gave an unbiased opinion. The winner was Ideal Shape. It taste the best, was less costly and detained hunger the best. I think Shakeology is pricey. I tried it, thick and awful. Just my opinion and the websites opinion.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    I drink Herbalife. I drink a shake every morning. I love it, keeps me full for a few hours and only 150 calories! Feel free to look at my diary.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    Herballife didnt work for me. Grainy and I didn't lose weight.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    Go to mealreplacement reviews.com. They explain and evaluate them ll.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    I asked my trainer about those and she told me they are ok for a snack but to watch the calories. She said they are not good calories as a meal so I avoid them. I make oat bran every night for my breakfast the next day and take it with me to work , that or peanut butter and banana toast on sara lee 45 calorie bread or an english muffin or low carb tortilla.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'm looking into drinking meal replacement shakes in the morning for breakfast. I'm just so busy and I'm hoping this could help me a little. Could someone recommend one? Thanks!

Are you hungry in the morning? If not, you could consider just not eating OR drinking a meal replacement, and you'd have more calories to work with later in the day. Just a thought.
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ok, now i have to look up shakeology...never heard of it...and i have to force myself to eat breakfast.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Grabbing a granola bar or a piece of fruit is actually faster than blending up a meal replacement shake. Much cheaper, too.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    i have to force myself to eat breakfast.

Not eating breakfast is a perfectly fine choice. You should consider it especially given the above.
  • Davorla
    Options
    I'm using Celebrity Slim at the moment to help speed up my weightloss a bit as have a deadline to be a certain weight ... and find there's plenty of choice, and they don't taste that bad at all.