Hi there

Options
evafury
evafury Posts: 15 Member
Hey,
I joined MFP a few days ago and am really liking how the entire thing is set up. I'm a pretty active person, but gained about 15 pounds over the summer :( I'm kinda freaking out about going back to work in a week (I'm a teacher) because I feel pretty embarrassed about how I look and the fact that a LOT (most) of my work clothes don't fit right now. I'm on a mission to get back down to the 142/145 range. I also have the added difficulty that I have a history with eating disorders (anorexic tendencies, compulsive eating) and am trying to balance eating in a healthy, non-obsessive manner while losing weight. Not so easy...I also want to get in better shape since I've recently taken ballet up again (the dreaded leotard) and also play roller derby. I found that my endurance has gone down the more weight I gained and that just isn't cool. I love to cook and am not willing to completely give up foods that I like, so, I'm measuring portions again, being very careful with alcohol and started running again. Hopefully this will help!

So, I'm starting at 162 with the goal of getting to 142. I had dreams of getting to 135, but I just don't think my body is "set" to that weight, so I'll be happy to be in the low 140s again!

That said, when I look at the BMI calculator for my height (5'4"), it says that my weight range is something like 107-148. Is it just me or does 107 seem WAY too little? I got to 120 once upon a time but could only do it by eating 600 calories (or less) a day...It just seems out of wack to me for someone my height to way so little...

Anyways, nice to meet you!