fasting

Options
do you think fasting can help loose weight faster?

Replies

• Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    wax off, wax on.

if its not sustainable it wont keep it off.
  • pammy2utoo
    Options
    It is safer just to eat healthier food choices......
  • Cynthiafaron
    Cynthiafaron Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    NO ! only momentarily - you must eat to burn cals. and lose weight, to keep it off - exercise and eat only whole foods !
  • kalcide
    kalcide Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    it will make you hungry thats for sure!
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Definately not! It makes you weak and doesn't teach you how to eat correctly. Bad for you physically and mentally. Learn to eat correctly!
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    No
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    No defo not the right thing to do I did this and it made me very ill and as soon as I stoped the weight went all back on again.

Its taken me years to relise that you can only loose weight with healthy eating and exercise
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    If you're going to fast, the only version I recommend is Eat Stop Eat. -- Google it.

You still eat every day, but some days only one meal so at the end of the week you have the same deficit you would if you were to cut back a little each day. It's not to be done more than one day in a row, and it may not work for some people; however, there are many who have success with it if that's your thing.

Me? I need to eat throughout the day or I get sick.

Edit: Also known as "intermittent fasting"
  • ckspores
    ckspores Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of fasting or cleanses. They make me feel tired and weak and all the weight I've lost is always gained back after the fast.

I'd rather just eat healthy than not eat at all.
  • sistertransister
    sistertransister Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    if you are interested intermittent fasting as a lifestyle then i would highly recommend Eat Stop Eat--it is a great site and offers a wonderful alternative to counting calories. it works very well for alot of people and fits well into their schedules---and it doesn't have you going long periods without eating. But if you are looking for a short cut or quick way to bypass the hard work of changing your current lifestyle of eating then you will def gain back the weight you lose--and prob add more to the gain.