A step backwards...

Options
Over the weekend, I managed to eat an extra 1,200 calories (+/- a few)...I realize why I did it, I am not going to beat myself over the head for it, but I am wondering...does it make sense to eat ~200 calories LESS each day this week and exercise 20+ minutes more each day to make up for it? I really don't want to go backwards...

Replies

• SwissTracey
    SwissTracey Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would say it was a mistake its over, today is a new day and more forward. I personally would not alter the rest of the week because of it. I would just try not to do it again :)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Nope. You're body isn't going to know you're working out more and eating less for a day it's already gone past in it's burn/intake cycle. Just keep doing your normal daily thing and you'll be fine. I actually go over calories (on purpose) fairly frequently at least one day a week and everything stays on track for me just fine if I keep at my daily goals all of the other days.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should overstrain yourself to make this back. However, work out what your calorie intake and expenditure over the week is, and average that out. You can certainly compensate for at least some of this, but don't do anything too extreme.

Intake and burn doesn't work in 24 hour cycles...
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    basically, yes.