Any teachers

Options
I'm a teacher with tight schedule, no transition times, etc. Anyone identify?

Replies

• vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yes. Are you concerned about trying to get snacks in?
  • climbingpanda
    climbingpanda Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Me, me, meeee!

School starts back on Monday and am going to struggle to be good - we have no change over time, I teach A-level classes across the other side of school from my regular classroom ... argh, am dreading it at the moment!

Plus everyone else in my faculty office are skinny minnies who can eat anything and therefore ALWAYS bring in cakes, biscuits, pastries etc ... oh well, I will be strong :0)
  • tekavincent
    tekavincent Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yes - I have no storage or easy access to Fridge.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm more worried about all the yummy snack and treat the other teachers make and put in the lounge:noway:
  • tekavincent
    Options
    I have no changeover time either. I work in a facility where we transition kids class to class with no break. My first break is 30 min lunch 4 hours after arrival.

Pushing you up!
  • tekavincent
    Options
    Here, it's Shipley Donuts.
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am going to be student teaching starting in January and am definitely worried about getting my snacks in! I'm elementary so there are no transition periods, except maybe when the kids go to resource (library, PE, etc) and lunch. I am pretty good at fitting in work outs, either early AM (preferred) or later in the PM.
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm totally feeling it. I went back at the beginning of August and have had a tough time fitting food in while at work and exercise in afterwards. I'm with my students all day too!
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am a Speech Pathologist in the school system at the elementary level so I can relate! I bring fruit I can munch (grapes, orange (already peeled), cantalope cubed) ect on the days where my lunch is 15 minutes and I use that time to also submit my daily therapy notes. It's not good for my digestion but it keeps me from feeling famished. I also eat Atkins bars too. I've gotten to the point where I will go to my desk area, say excuse me, but Mrs. V is starving, take a bite, and pick back up where I left off. I do have days in my sked where I have 25 minutes for lunch and on those days I eat a sandwich at my desk doing notes again!! An insulated lunch box with an ice pack or two is what I use to keep it fresh since we are not allowed to have appliances in our rooms and the closest fridge is at the front of the school and I'm in the back!! :happy: It is definitely not easy and it is taking me some time to get back into the swing of things!!!! Not to mention re-training my bladder to last until I have a break! I've had to cut back on my duriing the day water intake because sometimes I just can't hold it that long! :blushing:
  • tekavincent
    Options
    Thanks for the pointers. I've got a couple of zone bars in my pencil drawer. I have no lock-up area as my classroom is shared with several others. I like the idea of having a bunch of bite-sized fruit, etc. in a pre-measured bag that I can pop in my mouth as my classes are moving. One draw back (besides what you mentioned) is that we are not allowed nuts.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm concerned about getting exercise in. During the summer, I've been able to jog in the morning and exercise whenever the mood struck, but with work beginning in a week I'm doubtful that I'll be as diligent.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher assistant working on my education to be a teacher on top of work, plus have a family so I can definitely relate, I have been doing exercise in the morning for the first week and a half, hopefully it sticks because sometimes when I get overwhelmed Im worried exercise will be the first thing that goes
  • debclif
    debclif Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I make peanut butter and jelly sandwich and eat half at my desk. I sometimes bring a thermos filled with about a cup of milk, keeps me going. I don't know what grade you teach, elementary school is rough, I am in a middle school and would eat while going to my next class down the hall. Protein bars are always good. Good luck with the school year and your weight loss!
  • tekavincent
    Options
    I certainly relate with the exercise. Last week being my first week, it went out the window - probably wrong choice since I know the exercise will help with the stress.

Fortunately, logging in and checking out the community comments is helping me build up some motivation for my workout in a few minutes.
  • tekavincent
    Options
    I teach 6th - 12th science. I have the joy of doing 9 preps a day.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pointers. I've got a couple of zone bars in my pencil drawer. I have no lock-up area as my classroom is shared with several others. I like the idea of having a bunch of bite-sized fruit, etc. in a pre-measured bag that I can pop in my mouth as my classes are moving. One draw back (besides what you mentioned) is that we are not allowed nuts.
    MAN, Totally forgot about the no nuts.....have to rehink my snack drawer:sad:
  • jesihovey
    jesihovey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yup! I am a teacher's aide, still in college and starting my field experience this semester. I have just been exercising after I get off at 5 or 530 (I work in a preschool/daycare center).
  • tekavincent
    Options
    good luck this year!
  • alemj
    alemj Posts: 8
    Options
    Well... just like we plan lessons, gather materials, and use time wisely, it is in us (teachers) to make the best out of whatever your situation is. If our goal is to loose weight (no matter the level) it is our responsability to prepare, plan our strategy and gather all the necessary tools for dieting and exercise. Hope everyone makes the best out of this year, at the professional and personal level.:drinker:
  • ZonePerfect
    Options
    tekavincent, happy to hear you've got a ZonePerfect stash! Which flavor do you like to stock up on the most? ~Brittany @ZonePerfect