Is it okay to eat pasta while trying to lose weight? (whole

Options
2»

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I eat whole wheat pasta - not everyday, but I do eat it.

Just make sure you measure it out and eat the serving size of it. :)
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Eat it in moderation. I never had issues.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I don't like whole wheat pasta. To me it just doesn't cook right. I it the white pasta and just eat a little.

Agreed. I eat brown rice, whole wheat bread, fat free dairy, etc, so I am not opposed to eating the stuff that is good for you. I tried whole wheat pasta several times, and I just don't like it. It was a weird texture and taste. Yuck. I eat the regular pasta or none at all.
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    i eat whole wheat pasta and have done just fine. the problem people have with it...the serving size isnt huge, so just be careful of your portion size

another good one...thats made from beans and isnt chewy like whole wheat pasta is...Barilla Plus...try it...its yummy!
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like - the key is to eat in moderation and pick healthier choices whenever possible. That way you won't feel deprived and will be more likely to stick with your changes you've made. I've managed to lose 40lbs while eating pasta, drinking wine and beer and eating dark chocolate - all staples in my diet in small amounts, and all things that life would not be worth living without!!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    you can eat pasta (in moderation) just make sure you balance your plate by also having a serving of protein and veggies.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like - the key is to eat in moderation and pick healthier choices whenever possible. That way you won't feel deprived and will be more likely to stick with your changes you've made. I've managed to lose 40lbs while eating pasta, drinking wine and beer and eating dark chocolate - all staples in my diet in small amounts, and all things that life would not be worth living without!!

***Just My Opinion - I am no way an authority***
    Amen, In my case - we strapped the belt on alot of costs. So Pasta (store brand) is 1-3 nights a week. My hubby is home so he makes a tray and we make that tray last. I measure out and thats it. I use a small bowl and try to have extra calories available if I need it.

Tonight is day two of pasta and garlic bread if I have the numbers......check out my food diary.
    Moderation and exercise!

Good luck to you!!
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Tinkyada brown rice pasta!! AWESOME!! It still has a lot of calories, so yes moderation but it is so tender and delicious.