To log, or not to log...

Options
In a nutshell. I've been on MFP for 1 year. I reached my goal weight and then some. My weight has not fluctuated more than 2 lbs in either direction in months, which seems like pretty successful maintenance to me. I also cleaned up the eating pretty well (knowing full well there is always room for improvement) I have always loved exercising, but even more now. My question is, is there anyone out there with similar story, that no longer logs their food? I have been lax on the logging lately, but feel as though I have a handle on things without it. Certainly, i may need to do intense logging again in my life, but I feel like I know what I need to do at this point. I still love logging exercise, and love the community, but the logging is flagging. Can anyone else relate?

Replies

• mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,,,log!I lost 70lbs about 1 year and half ago. Thinking the same thing I slow have gained back 40 and I am on my way to lose that weight again.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I am at the exact same place you are!! I hit my goal a few months ago, and then another 15 on top of it. I'm pretty happy with my weight, so I stopped logging 4 weeks ago. (Though I logged today out of curiosity.) My weight varies +/- 1 lb, and that's about it.

I still hang around here, watch the message boards, and keep up with friends I've made. But I generally don't log unless I'm curious about something in particular.

So, yeah! Feel free to friend me!
  • ChristopherCrane
    ChristopherCrane Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You're probably going to weigh in whether you log food or not. Give yourself a threshhold - "If I gain more than 5 lbs, then I go back to logging food until I'm back to my goal weight." But I do think that given the amount of time it probably took you to lose that 25 lbs., you probably changed a lot of negative habits. I'd say trust yourself within reason. My $.02.
  • jknops2
    jknops2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am about done too, and have been on here for 10 months. Lost 40 lb by May, close to target gained about 5 back, too much travel in the summer, so hard to keep track when you can't control what you eat. So started logging again, but intend to stop in a month or two. And yes, I don't want to keep logging forever, but we do need to figure out a way to eat less or exercise more, to keep it off. And I might need to keep logging a while longer to figure this out.