50lbs down by 40th Birthday = Mission Accomplished!!

Options
LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
I am happy to say that I have reached my mini-goal of losing 50lbs by my 40th birthday. Today is my birthday and I am officially down 51 pounds – not too bad. I started on MFP on May 9th of this year and I have to say that I am so happy that I found this site. The support, encouragement, and friendships that I’ve made along the way have been so helpful in getting me to this point. Thank you to everyone! I included some progress to show how I’ve far I’ve come to this point. I know I still have a LOT of work to do and LOTs of pounds to lose but it feels good to acknowledge my accomplishments so far. My next mini goal is to be at my half point by Halloween!

This me on April 30, 2011. Seeing this pic made me finally realize it was time to get started.

5-7-2011-1.jpg

These next 2 are from today.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Replies

• irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an accomplishment! Good for you, and Happy Birthday!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Nice job! And Happy Birthday!!!!

Keep up the great work and you'll look amazing at 50!!! LOL!
  • Marycan2
    Marycan2 Posts: 28
    Options
    What a wonderful birthday gift!! Happy Birthday!!!
  • Shawtee808
    Shawtee808 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    WTG on accomplishing that amazing goal!!! It's stories like these that give me hope that I too will someday accomplish weight loss! I'm just a newbie but I am in awe of how many MFP'ers here are soo much inspirational and helpful here. Once again CONGRATS on your loss!!! Oh don't let me forget....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic... and so happy! Congrats congrats!!
  • maritza327
    maritza327 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!! You did a great job...keep it up!

Happy Happy Birthday :-)
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Well done!
  • ronbuckner1
    Options
    Wow great job, congratulations and happy birthday!!!!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to you!!! You should be proud of your hard work!!
  • LifeChanged1209
    Options
    You definitely are LeanerBeef! Good job! AND HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY!!!
  • yad97
    yad97 Posts: 43
    Options
    Congratulations and Happy Birthday! You look fantastic!
  • misschrissyharper
    Options
    Congrats!! I too am happy I discovered MFP. I am only just beginning and I will do my next weigh-in on wednesday to see if I've lost any pounds. Happy Birthday!!
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday well done what an inspiration..
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Great ! Keep up the good work and by your next birthday you'll be even leaner cut :)
  • CanadianChic
    Options
    Great Job buddy!!! you are rockin it!!!! Incredible difference! soo proud :)
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Major kudos! You're looking great. Keep up the good work.

And, :smile: H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !!!!
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey, way to go! You look fantastic! Happy birthday!
  • lynnclagg
    Options
    I love reading these success stories. I wish I could succeed. I have been soooo faithful for 4 weeks now. I weighed in today for the first time. I lost 2 lbs. I thought there must be some kind of mistake. I re-weighed. No mistake. Now my clothes are fitting much better, but what about the pounds? I weighed 270 lbs a month ago and I'm only down 2 lbs! I'm 64 so my metabolism has really slowed down. My knees hurt so I don't exercise although I've got more energy now than I had a month ago . Someone give me some hope.:cry:
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    way to go!!
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    high five !!!!! h.b & contrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!