Newbie- Grad student with 20-29lbs to lose

Options
My name is Kristin. Losing weight is something I've wanted to do for a long time now, but i've always used excuses for why "now" isn't a good time. Today I am accepting the fact that there will never be a "good" time to lose weight, but that doesn't mean that I can't overcome obstacles like stress or a busy schedule and still follow my diet/exercise plan. I know what I need to do to reach my goals, but i struggle with motivation to stay on track. I've never been a member of a weight loss community or blog before, and I'm interested to see how this type of support can help me reach my goals. Advice and insight would be greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• lionsaults
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your goal. (:
  • batesss
    batesss Posts: 24
    Options
    always keep a health snack with you for in between classes and stuff! and watch your hunger signals, it is when we get really hungry that we turn to the first food possible and when there are only vending machins and coffee shops around, then things quickly become bad decisions. eat as little as possible as frequently as possible... that is what i normally do, i don't really eat meals, just snack with 100-200 calories every 2-4 hours.
  • batesss
    batesss Posts: 24
    Options
    oh, and welcome.
  • ddrrooiiddppss0088
    Options
    Hello! Good luck and if you are looking for friends, you can add me!
  • jodie0520
    jodie0520 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is a great site to help you stay motivated. I suggest you try to find some local friends/family to also join with you so that you can have familiar support, as well as friending some new people who can offer unbiased support (i.e. will tell you like it is because they aren't scared they'll run into you at the grocery store and feel awkward. lol)
    Good luck on your journey. Remember, it's a lifestyle change, not a diet plan. Let the changes occur gradually and don't expect the weight to drop off immediately. Before you know it, you'll look in the mirror and see a new person.