HRM strap smells!!

Options
Anyone know how to take the stink out of a HRM strap? I usually rinse mine off with water after a workout and hang it to dry, but I've recently noticed a funky smell! Any tips?

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Some HRM straps need to be put in the washing machine every so often. Depends on the model, so CHECK the directions first! :)
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Febreeze?
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    rinse with water and some vinegar solution. vinegar is antibacterial and also deodorizer.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I would love to know this - my ankle brace stinks too and there doesn't appear to be a way to wash it. Yuck!
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    dip in diluted vinegar/bleach to killl the bacteria.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Mine (polar) said to rinse after every use and wash gently after every 5 uses. I chuck it in with my bras in my delicates bag in the weekly wash!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    My elastic strap detaches completely from the sensor part, so I can wash it and just wipe down the sensor separately.
  • evafury
    evafury Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Maybe put it in a pillow case and run it through the washer (air dry over the shower rail). I've had to wash knee, elbow and wrist guards and as long as you put them in a pillow case before the washer, it works just fine. Febreeze works decently in between, but nothing beats soap and water :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Throw it in the washing machine with detergent only(no fabric softener) and line dry.. don't throw it in the dryer.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Mine (polar) said to rinse after every use and wash gently after every 5 uses. I chuck it in with my bras in my delicates bag in the weekly wash!

This ^^
  • snc1019
    snc1019 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I tried diluted vinegar tonight. We'll see what it smells like tomorrow ;-)