General Health ?? STEATOCYSTOMA? anyone?

Options
I was recently diagnosed with "Steatocystoma Multiplex" Now.. if you google that, Mine DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THE PICS.... LOL.... but I'm getting cysts all over, and they are very painful, not to mention annoying :grumble: :grumble: Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with anything similar?

Also, I find they tend to be located where my body did a lot of stretching when I was pregnant.. even on top of stretch marks!
They are mainly on my abdomen, sides, hip areas, cleavage, bra line, and backs of my legs.
I also am getting cysts in my armpits- which hurt even worse- my dermatologist did a biopsy of those today and she said they looked different than the others.... I guess I'll just have to wait for labs on those.

Its a chronic and genetic condition, yet I can't find any family members that have dealt with anything remotely similar.

I have an appointment with a plastic surgeon to laser out the cysts, my dermatologists keeps cutting me and scarring me even worse.

Just wondering if there's anyone here that has this, and has had successful treatment. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i get alot of ingrown hairs that make pimple like cysts but dont think thats the same and lmfao you should also warn people if they google it there are alot of pictures of BALLS with cysts on ....hope you get it all worked out
  • pamela1129
    pamela1129 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yeah, ohmygosh I so did not need to see the balls covered in those things! :embarassed:

I looked because I thought it might be something my sister has. She has cysts under her skin, nearly everywhere on her torso. They had to remove one because it was messing with a nerve and causing pain, but the docs said they weren't a problem other than she's kinda lumpy in places. I don't think this is what you've got tho.... I've not seen this before.

Best of luck---I hope your dermatologist can give you some relief! Hang in there!
  • mtkautz
    mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    i get alot of ingrown hairs that make pimple like cysts but dont think thats the same and lmfao you should also warn people if they google it there are alot of pictures of BALLS with cysts on ....hope you get it all worked out
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ashleymendoza330
    Options
    Omg because of your post , you pretty much validated that I could have what you have lol. In fact, I'm pretty much
    99% sure that I do. I was trying to do some research tonight again about what the hell these tiny bumps were. I actually became curious 2 years ago and I would try to google it under " small pea size balls under skin" or " tiny cysts on stretch marks" and the results would just say something about "lipoma" or "lymphoma", sometimes "calcium deposits", etc. At one point i thought it could be scar tissue due to the stretch marks.But everytime I would look under images, none of the pictures seemed to match up what I had. But tonight, tried one more time to google it differently and I wrote something in the search engine like " multiple cysts on skin" and it lead me to steatocystoma which I tried to research a little more, and when I came across the google images, I definitely saw a resemblance. And just like you said, they seemed to be appearing in areas where I have stretch marks ( i.e. stomach,breasts) I too only started to develop it only after pregnancy. But anyway, lol, I'm finally relieved that I could possibly have a diagnosis, that way I can move forward to some treatment. I hope all is well with you and hopefully your treatments were successful!