yet another TOM post...

Options
I get ALL of the symptoms that come with TOM: cramps, bloating, fatigue (which is totally killing me lately), crazy emotions; you name it!

However, I get them a week prior to TOM's arrival! No fair! TOM only stays in town for about 2 days, but the entire week before that I feel terrible. And the weight gain totally sucks.

Does this happen to any of you, too? And how on earth do you deal with the fatigue?

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I like to stab men in the temple with scissors and shove a baseball bat....

Oh, women only, my bad again.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Work out!! Getting a little fitness in during that week really helps with all of these symptoms.
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    I like to stab men in the temple with scissors and shove a baseball bat....

Oh, women only, my bad again.

I'll have to try that!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    The only thing I get during that TOM is a nagging wife, a headache from her nagging, and really tired from her nagging. Those are my TOM symptoms.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Isn't TOM that guy from Myspace? :smokin:
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    *shoots self in the head*
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    The only thing I get during that TOM is a nagging wife, a headache from her nagging, and really tired from her nagging. Those are my TOM symptoms.

It affects men, too?? Why am I barely finding out?
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Ah, I love your replies! haha :D
  • brewingaz
    Options

It affects men, too?? Why am I barely finding out?

OMG women are so not observant!!!!!!!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Did you recently start TOM for the first time? If not, did these symptoms just start recently occurring?
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    These posts make me so glad I don't bleed monthly. [:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This doesn't happen to me. I'm sorry I can't help. I get cramps for about 4 hours on day one and then I bleed from my vagina for about 5 days. That's it.
  • bry_all01
    Options
    These posts make me so glad I don't bleed monthly. [:

me. freaking. too.
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Did you recently start TOM for the first time? If not, did these symptoms just start recently occurring?

I've had TOM for years, and I've always had these symptoms :( Doctor prescribed something for the cramps, but I guess I have to deal with the fatigue and mood-changes on my own.
  • brewingaz
    Options

I've had TOM for years, and I've always had these symptoms :( Doctor prescribed something for the cramps, but I guess I have to deal with the fatigue and mood-changes on my own.

You won't deal with them alone. Your significant other will go through it too :)
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    TOM is a strange fella .. I've never had symptoms before in my life. Only since I started working out regularly do I now get them... I used to be so happy not to be able to relate or understand cramps, tender breasts, and mood swings. *sigh* But, yes I get them before it arrives, that is now how i know it is coming...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

You won't deal with them alone. Your significant other will go through it too :)

And all of us. We're with you now, too.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Have you tried taking Midol? Most women have these symptoms every. month. until they're like, older.
  • bry_all01
    Options

I missed the mood changing and fatigue questions.... Uh, exercise through it to get some endorphines that will make you happier.. I dunno. I don't get it anymore.
  • brewingaz
    Options

And all of us. We're with you now, too.

Contrarian is right. We're all one big happy vaginally bleeding community.