well she said those magic words...again...

last night my mom when i came off of work, flat out told me, i looked like im gaining weight...even tho ive stayed the same weight for i think over a month now.....thanks mother, thanks lol....well it kinda helped me with my snacking. today i didnt snack as much or eat a crap load like i usually do. cuz it just kept flowing in my mind. like goodness really mother lol....but its true, on some level, my weight hasnt budged due to my snacking and overeating. heck, im lucky it's been maintaining instead of gaining, but i guess im glad she gave me that truth cuz maybe i am?? idk i dont see it in the mirror, but again sry men tmi here i had also just started my pd so i was more bloated than usual so maybe that too, but yeah, getting back into schedule with my workouts and start getting a bit stricter with my overeating and snacking. i can still eat what i want but can you stop after a plate sweetness??? really is it gonna hurt you to not have a second helping of whatever is there??? i dont think so...sooo thank you loud mouth mamma, with your unfiltered comments that know just how to hit the right button.....thank you :)

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    I'm sorry she said that, but it is awesome that you are using that to your advantage! Way to rock this journey of yours!! Best of luck!!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    thats what its all about turning negatives to positives.
  • thats normally when i get snarky and say well you look like you've put on at least 10 but at least im polite enough to keep i to myself. sry that she is like that. its hard when you dont have support at home. just remember you are doing this for you!! keep up your good work!!! look how far you have come and think about the non scale victories too. i think sometimes we can get so wrapped up in a number we forget we can walk/run further or our jeans fit better.
  • ohmissemily
    ohmissemily Posts: 73 Member
    thats normally when i get snarky and say well you look like you've put on at least 10 but at least im polite enough to keep i to myself. sry that she is like that. its hard when you dont have support at home. just remember you are doing this for you!! keep up your good work!!! look how far you have come and think about the non scale victories too. i think sometimes we can get so wrapped up in a number we forget we can walk/run further or our jeans fit better.
    lol it didnt really bother me but kinda made me like what?!?!?! how dare you!! really?? ya think?? i sure did tho comment on her. i aint scared of my mamma lol. she laughed and we bickered more, but if i didnt have someone tell me tho, i prolly would have ended up slowly but surely gaining weight.
    she just thinks the skinnier the better. which isnt always better.
    but yeah. thank you tho :)
  • You should have said...well fat genes run in the family so I have quite a battle on my hands!

Now get off your butt and prove her wrong! Work work work and when you lose weight ring your mum and ask her if she wants your old clothes!
  • ohmissemily
    ohmissemily Posts: 73 Member
    You should have said...well fat genes run in the family so I have quite a battle on my hands!

Now get off your butt and prove her wrong! Work work work and when you lose weight ring your mum and ask her if she wants your old clothes!
    i told her something like that, cuz well, i learned from the best lol. thanks.