workouts for kinect

Options
Does anyone have a good recommendation for which workout program to use with my kinect? i don't want to spend too much money and i don't want anything too intense (bc i wont use it).

Thanks!!!

Replies

• NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA... ZUMBA.... ZUMBA... only workout I recommend and I use it every day!

Have fun!

Dance Central is better then Dance Master. Neither are continous so you really don't get a good workout on either of them.
  • Piglet_26
    Piglet_26 Posts: 104
    Options
    I use dance central atm......not advertised as a work out dvd but if you dont want to do anything to intense and can do it in short bursts then i'm all up for this. Yes its not continuous as stated above but its a good, fun way to introduce exercise into your routine if you are not used to it.
  • NicolaJane1313
    Options
    I started off using Adventure! Lots of fun... started playing on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning at 6am for 30 mins and boy, you work up a sweat :) It took me 3 weeks doing it that way to complete the game! I am going to start it again using light weights on my wrists and ankles.
    I now do Your Fitness, Evolved, but that's like a serious Gym workout - expecially with the personal trainer! The Dance games I have a problem with at the moment, as keeping up and trying to follow the moves is a problem and it is more dis-heartening - I will try them as I get fitter.
  • bperry83
    bperry83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i thought about the zumba workout. i'm not sure im coordinated enough to do it. how precise do you have to be?

I have played the adventure and sports game...you're right, they do work up a swea!. i looked at your fitness, evolved and wondered how it compared to the biggest loser workout. also your fitness has just come out with the 2012 version. do you know if it is better/different/worth the cost? thanks for the input!!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    i thought about the zumba workout. i'm not sure im coordinated enough to do it. how precise do you have to be?

I have played the adventure and sports game...you're right, they do work up a swea!. i looked at your fitness, evolved and wondered how it compared to the biggest loser workout. also your fitness has just come out with the 2012 version. do you know if it is better/different/worth the cost? thanks for the input!!

You have tobbe pretty co-ordinated to get results on the kinnect but you don't have to be the least bit co-ordinated to burn calories. Burning calories is about just about the moving not about the accuracy.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

my wife and i joke that she is a bit of a clutz, but she goes to zumba and she loves it.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Probably a lot of people will disagree but I like Your Shape Fitness Evolved. It has lots of workouts. You can choose how long and how hard you workout by choosing different sessions. They range from 4 minutes to 20 minutes. I think the game has some quirky sensor issues sometimes, but I don't care. I use my HRM and just go for it.

I really like Kinect Sports too. That game is fun and it's not like working out but more like playing. My husband and I play almost everyday. Table Tennis is our favorite, but I like all of the sports. If you have Xbox Live you can download the Calorie Challenge. You choose a timed session, say the 10 minute challenge, and the game chooses random sports for you to do. The goal is to burn a certain amount of calories before time expires.

The Kinect is pretty much the only workouts I do. Every now and then I'll do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, but I really can't stand her! LOL
  • venom74799
    Options
    I love Your shape fitness evolved as it was the key to the door for me. I went romr 286 to about 217 currently because of it and kinect sports getting me started.

Your shape works better for me over The biggest loser because it keeps you focus, will let you know if your moving out of whack, and is more accurate in tracking then any of the fitness games I have. It has a fitness level for everyone and works on cardio, toning, sculpting, and strength.

The biggest loser had lots of activities but doesn't stop when you need to and will just keep on going whether you are doing it right or not. EA activity just plain out didn't work as i tried to do the intro fitness exam and would not get off of the screen after 12 minutes of jumping back and fourth >:(

I recommend it especially if your just starting and need something to use when bad weather comes up.