tummy flab.......help me !!!!!!

Options
Im so bad at exercise i really have no idea i have a really flabby tummy and its my main issue but what exercises actually work to help burn off the fat from this area, you hear so much on tv and the net but its hard to know what works, i work fulltime and have 2 kids under 5 so fitting in time is tricky i would love any advice ppl can give...................thanks in advance

Replies

• sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    hi ya ive got davina mcalls body buff the tummy section on it is only 5 mins so with the warm up and the stretch it takes 20 mins so i find itgood because i have a young family too and can fit it in with ease hope this helps
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Im so bad at exercise i really have no idea i have a really flabby tummy and its my main issue but what exercises actually work to help burn off the fat from this area, you hear so much on tv and the net but its hard to know what works, i work fulltime and have 2 kids under 5 so fitting in time is tricky i would love any advice ppl can give...................thanks in advance

I have Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, lots of ab work on it and only takes 30 mins.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    You CANT spot burn off fat. So even though ab exercises will help tighten & tone the ab muscles, only diet will eventually get rid of the tummy flab. And the fat leaves in any order it wants to lol, although I personally see a "last on first off" kind of lose. Belly always seems to be the last to go....................:(
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    weighted abs (I like Extreme Abs & Ab Burner w/ ChaLean Extreme) and clean diet
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    You CANT spot burn off fat. So even though ab exercises will help tighten & tone the ab muscles, only diet will eventually get rid of the tummy flab. And the fat leaves in any order it wants to lol, although I personally see a "last on first off" kind of lose. Belly always seems to be the last to go....................:(

this. The media is always pushing things to quick fix certain areas.... alas they just don't work! I am doing regular ab workouts, and I am doing the 100 day sit up challenge which today means 120 sit ups... and still the layer of fat is there... probably hiding a fantastic set of abs that I won't see till the fat all over my body decides to melt off.
  • spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    clean and healthy eating is most the work as well as a mixture of cardio and strength training and you have to work hard for it to get results.

You only need 20- 30 min a day 3-5 times a week, you have to be consistent really, and you could start with workout dvds to help you get an idea of what exercises you can do and that way you can do it at home if you dont have time to go out to the gym etc.
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Felicia is right--you cannot spot burn off fat. I think the best approach is to simplify. Take control over your health, and that basically means two things:

1. Focus on eating only the best quality fuel you can put in your body.
    2. Exercise when you can and don't stress about when you cannot.

What I did for the food part was read a very short book, a paperback, called "Food Rules" by Michael Pollan. It's basically about 60 easy to remember "rules" for changing your life with food, getting back to basics, what is good and healthy for all of us. It put me on the right track.

For exercise, especially if you are pressed for time, start small and easy. Try to do a few pushups, for instance. I went out on Google and searched for exercises, videos on YouTube etc., of quick simple exercises I could do at home. You don't have to do them all at once. For instance, on pushups, when I am done brushing my teeth and just about ready to shower in the morning, I quickly pop out into the bedroom and just drop and give myself 10 pushups (I ensure I do them correctly and slowly--check out videos on how to do this). Even throughout the day, I find a way to quickly do ten pushups. I find it gives me energy to do other stuff. Don't worry at all about the number you can do. Do just a little bit at a time--even ONE for goodness sake! It's one more than you wouldn't have done. Build on a foundation and go slowly but just do it, as they say. :smile:

The other thing that really helps burn fat is doing cardio exercise, like walking or jogging. It's always good to consult with a doc before doing any exercise program, but if you are cleared to do it, again, start small. Go for a walk around the block. And then try to do it again whenever you can. Keep doing it and then try to increase either your speed or distance---gradually. It will pay off!

Finally, if you make a promise to yourself that this is a lifestyle, not a diet, a marathon, not a sprint, and that you are in it for the rest of your life, not just a short period of time like the next thirty days, etc., I believe what you will find is the fat slowly starts to go away--and more important--you will feel absolutely wonderful! Good luck and good health to you!