Sugar from Fruit...all bad?

Options
2»

Replies

• millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Fruit is good for you!!! I usually do not worry too much about sugar from fruit. I try to get two servings in a day and it often pushes me over.

Now, if you are eating fruit for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything in between then you may have problems...
  • M12e31g
    M12e31g Posts: 38
    Options
    I was just going to post the same question, so glad to see this. A few people critiqued my diary yesterday saying watch the sugar, it'smostly from milk, yogurt and fruit! I didn't understand how natural sugar could be that bad. There's so many conflicting facts out there, it's hard to know what to follow.
  • twocsmom
    twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    LOL-not a debate as far as I'm concerned because I had already decided I was going to keep eating the fruit! Just really curious about whether or not I should still try to stay within limits on sugar when just a half cup of red grapes takes up almost half of my "allowance" each day! Frustrating...
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I know many disagree with me on this, but I am going by what I've learned in four different encounters with weight loss nutritionists.

I don't disagree.
    My ex personal trainer told me the same thing. I
    14 grams a day is nothing for me. A banana contains 14 grams of sugar. And then there is sugar from vegetables, beans ...
    I usually eat about 60 grams a day (from veggies and fruit). :(
    I will try to lower my sugar intake at some point.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat the sugars from fruit. I actually upped my carb allowance so that I could accomodate my fruit intake a little better (I generally have .25 c of berries at breakfast and an apple or pear later or, and sometimes another piece of fruit or a cup of berries later in the day).