gall bladder attack?

Options
Hi guys,
I have never had any problems with my stomach up until a couple of months ago. you might remember me posting on Thanksgiving night that I had the most God awful stomach cramping and pain around to my back and I figured it was from over-eating since I had been really watching what I eat.
I had the same exact thing happen Christmas night except this time the pain was even worse and I started throwing up (sorry Gross I know!) It lasted for about 4 hours and everyone is saying it could be my gallbladder. I know I should have went to the doctor the next day but I have really bad insurance and just thought I could deal with it. Anyway, has anyone had any similar pains or symptoms.
The thing that makes me wonder is with the exception of a couple of days here and there around the holidays I have been following a very low fat diet. When I looked up gall bladder attacks and gallstones, I came across a couple of things that said not eating enough fat can cause gallstones because your gallbladder doesn't contract like it should and sludge forms. I do not know if this is reversible or not but I have never felt pain like this. I'm ok now and haven't had another episode but I hope that it doesn't get to the point of this happening everytime I eat "regular" food.

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I have never had any problems with my stomach up until a couple of months ago. you might remember me posting on Thanksgiving night that I had the most God awful stomach cramping and pain around to my back and I figured it was from over-eating since I had been really watching what I eat.
    I had the same exact thing happen Christmas night except this time the pain was even worse and I started throwing up (sorry Gross I know!) It lasted for about 4 hours and everyone is saying it could be my gallbladder. I know I should have went to the doctor the next day but I have really bad insurance and just thought I could deal with it. Anyway, has anyone had any similar pains or symptoms.
    The thing that makes me wonder is with the exception of a couple of days here and there around the holidays I have been following a very low fat diet. When I looked up gall bladder attacks and gallstones, I came across a couple of things that said not eating enough fat can cause gallstones because your gallbladder doesn't contract like it should and sludge forms. I do not know if this is reversible or not but I have never felt pain like this. I'm ok now and haven't had another episode but I hope that it doesn't get to the point of this happening everytime I eat "regular" food.
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    I had similar symptoms about two years ago and it was that I had developed gallstones. Mine become to the point it started happening almost daily and I had to have my gallbladder removed. My mom has gallstones right now and they are waiting to see how she does but she will eventually need to get her gallbladder removed. They do not go away. They will start to inflame for a bit and then can subside for awhile but it will eventually become more frequent. Hope this helped I know it isn't what you wanted to hear though. You should really get it checked out by a doctor.
  • kristineh86
    Options
    I have had similar symptoms as well and I was diagnosed with acid reflux. Ever since i've been on a probiotic pump for it, it has gotten better! I suggest going to the doctors :)
  • MadTurtle
    Options
    Yes I remember it well. I always referred to it as "The Dance of the headless chicken".
    Previous poster is right. It will have to go. The gall bladder that is. You can get a prescription frpm the doctor called regulan which will help and delay it but in the end after you have had say a 12 hour attack where you get no relief when you wake up from passing out from the pain you will drop a dime and make the call to get it taken out. Good Luck! and remember its not the end of the world they can do it laproscopically now if your not to overweight, no majoer surgery or scars.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Ii too had the gallbladder/gallstones deal. First attack I wasn't sure what was gioing on, went to ER and they wrote it off as a panic attack. Second one was some major pain, had gall stones blocking the duct, it was removed, 4 little holes. Can't eat spicey food since then but was never a big fan of it before.
  • ashleyhanson3
    Options
    Gall bladder pain is the worst! If it is your gall bladder it will hurt under your ribs usually on the left side and maybe chest pains. I started getting gall bladder pains and i went to the ER because i thought i was having a heart attack. I had EKG's, Ultrasounds, Endoscopy... etc.

they put me on reflux meds and I have been better, with only a few attacks since

If you think it is your gall bladder, i would go get it checked out!
  • michelle0920
    Options
    When I was having gall bladder issues, I felt like I was having a heart attack! One big symptom of gall stones is pain radiating (usually on the right side) around to the back. I'd have it checked out. Your gall bladder can get infected and cause WAY more problems than you're having now. As long as it's not infected, you can have a simple out patient surgery to have it removed. One good thing is that it has forced me to eat a low fat diet since I've had mine out. Your body definitely doesn't process fat in the same way without your gall bladder!