confused again...

Options
I haven't posted in months, I began walking and running 8-10 miles . I ve lost quite a bit of weight, all the sudden I gained 6 lbs in one week. I havent posted much of what Ive been eating so I'll do that to see what can be changed. I am adding calories (ive added a meal replacement drink 25 protein in it) hard to eat after running that much. I know it could be water weight, but I took a water pill for this week also and nothing.. i feel bloated..lol. could it be fruit? I ve added fruit. I just dont know what to add or take away without starving mode. I burn off just about everything I eat so I am upping it 1,000 cal. Any suggestions would be welcome..

thanks
kathy

Replies

• cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I have been instructed that your net calories must be at least 1,000 per day, preferably 1,200 in order to maximize weight loss. Otherwise you risk your body storing.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I agree with Nancy...it sounds like you may have thrown your body into starvation mode..
  • kathyrpa
    kathyrpa Posts: 26
    Options
    I run off about 1300 calories with exercise a day.. Im upping the calories as of yesterday! I hope it changes. Thats a lot more food to eat LOL... thanks for the re-inforcement.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I typically burn over 1000 a day (currently in starvation mode)
    It stinks!!!
  • kathyrpa
    Options
    im using meal replacements right after running so many miles, you just cant eat! so high protein proper fats and carbs in ... Lean Shake its called, and trying to up the calories... I dont have an eating disorder I just can eat all that food.. so im hoping this will change .. 155 lb last week, 163 this week.. yikes
  • kathyrpa
    Options
    Well I ate more protein and still take the meal replacement shakes.. I have dropped to 149 but its not moving again 5 lbs to go! I also really need to find motivation to be consitant with free weights. I walk or run with 2.5 lbs wrist weights but I know more is needed...