Some Guy Logic, Slurm Edition

Options
joseph9
joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
True story:

[Day 1]

- "Hmmm, I forgot this protein shake was in my refrigerator. I bought it at least a year and a half ago, but it only expired last June. I'll drink it to see if it's still good."

- "Yum. That was pretty good."

- "You know, I bet I still have some of those shakes out in the garage. Sitting outside through two summers probably didn't hurt them. I'll chill one down and try it tomorrow."

[Day 2, driving to work]

- "Still pretty tasty. Wait, is there something different about the texture? I had better have another drink." <Slurp>

- "Yes, there are definitely lumps in this one. I wonder what they are? I'll have another drink to see if I can figure it out." <Slurp>

- "Hmm, I'm still not sure. They don't taste like mold or curdled milk, but then again, I don't know what those taste like. I guess I'll drink the rest to check."

[Day 2, around noon]

- "Hey, I didn't throw up! I guess those shakes are still good! I can't wait to drink one tomorrow!"

I liked the shakes well enough that I bought a new box, but I won't start the new one until I finish drinking the expired garage shakes.

Replies

• scottppa
    scottppa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Dude........no.

Just no.

Throw them out.
  • streetnamejim
    Options
    This will likely result in rapid weight loss of the uncomfortable kind!! :sick:
  • kaylynn54
    kaylynn54 Posts: 141
    Options
    LOL ;-) Made me laugh because you sound just like my husband. Stop drinking out of date protein shakes!!!!!!! :-)
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    LMBO!!! :laugh:
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Options
    Well, If you do drink them you will shed of the pounds in liquid ways... LOL...
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I liked this post not for the story itself, but for the title.
    -wtk

Slurm-1-.jpg
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Remember Jeff Daniels in the broken bathroom from Dumb and Dumber?

Might want to keep a working bathroom in immediate proximity!

Only a guy! :laugh: :laugh:
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. My reasoning is as follows:

1) There must be a safety margin built into the expiration date.

2) I've been drinking the expired shakes for several days now, and I feel great.

3) Those things cost almost a dollar per shake!

4) Who knows, maybe this is my origin story and I will develop superpowers and become ShakeMan!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    All I could think about was Futurama. This sounds tasty.. and a little lumpy, but good!!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    DUDE omg..... my husband does stuff like this!!!! He was so sick one time and he drank EXPIRED DAYQUIL!!!! Like 2 year old dayquil!!!

MEN I swear, SMH!!!
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I would do that. That which doesn't make me puke, I can eat! Or drink.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This is something I'd do. If it looks, feels, smells and tastes okay then I eat it. My hubby on the other hand...well if it's out of date then he'd throw it in the bin.