newbie.... looking to buy a Jillian Michaels fitness DVD!

Options
Newbie here...Looking to buy a Jillian Michaels fitness DVD! Which one is the best for a beginner?? The most exercise I have done is walking on the treadmill. I need something to give me a boost, but something that will not burn me out!

Thanks,
Melissa

Replies

• Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I really liked The 30 Day Shred. The levels go from 1-3 and get harder as you go. The first time I did it, I hadn't done any exercise in over a year. It was tough for the first couple of days, but my body adapted and it's one of my favorite go to workouts. I also enjoy The Biggest Loser Cardio Max. It's simple and only 30 minutes. It also has 3 levels that increase in intensity as you go along.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is great. It is very challenging but you can work on the Level 1 until you are ready to progress to Level 2 or Level 3. Highly recommend. It's short and to the point!
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    I love the Shred. Well, I love/hate it! LOL It's hard, but when I started I was over 200 lbs and hadn't done any significant exercise in years. the first few days ARE tough, and you WILL be sore, but like Dtrmnd said, your body adapts quickly. I hate it b/c it's hard and it pushes me, but I LOVE what it does for my body!!! Make sure you start with just 2 or 3lb weights, though. :P
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    Oh, and I do the Shred when I can/when I feel like it and alternate with my elliptical or other things. Just because it was designed to do it 30 days in a row doesn't mean that's the only way it's effective!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I like 30DS as well, but I have to put a plug in for Ripped in 30. It's harder, but she also spends a lot more time on form, which is good.
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    There are a TON of 30 Day Shred fans on MFP! Jillian Micheals should give us a kick back for pushing her product!!! But hey, it works, I like it, it's short & to the point, effective. I was never much of a workout video type, but this one is awesome. Love it, love it, love it. And it's cheap!! under $10, all you need is some light weights.