No will power...where did it go?

I don't know what's up with me! I started off with lots of will power, now I feel I HAVE NONE!!! This has been almost a week of justifying all the bad foods I've been craving AND eating! Where has my will power gone! I was doing so well!!!! These next 10 pounds are going to be a toughie! uuuuuggghhhh!!! Where's the sad and disappointed button on this thing?!

Has anyone else gone through this? How did you get over it and get yourself back on track?

Replies

• RdySetGO11
    RdySetGO11 Posts: 89 Member
    I'm going through this too. I can't get my act together to save my life!! I was so diligent in logging and eating and not it seems I can't get it together :(
  • timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    I find looking at older pictures of myself is more than enough motivation. The thought of not being able to jog half way up the street without wheezing also does the trick.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Abandoned calorie control and exercise, indulged, several months down the track was still overweight and hating it and am now back on the wagon. Guess you just have to remind yourself of what you want and how much you want it and make sacrifices accordingly. If you are struggling with restricting your food intake, up your exercise (among other things, the high cal junk food just doesn't seem worth it after you've sweated it out running for half and hour). And come hang out on these forums, make some friends (feel free to add me), look at their diaries and marvel at their self control (I know I do) or allow yourself a little smug satisfaction when you see they've been eating worse (and then perhaps message them with some encouraging words). With the exception of those trying to gain, we're all going through the same thing with you :-)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    I don't know what's up with me! I started off with lots of will power, now I feel I HAVE NONE!!! This has been almost a week of justifying all the bad foods I've been craving AND eating! Where has my will power gone! I was doing so well!!!! These next 10 pounds are going to be a toughie! uuuuuggghhhh!!! Where's the sad and disappointed button on this thing?!

Has anyone else gone through this? How did you get over it and get yourself back on track?
    Reassess your goals on paper. Reset them and just start over..................day 1
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Yes, I've definitely been there. I try to remind myself how hard it was to lose the weight that I have lost so I don't want to put it back on. I still have more to lose, but for some reason that seems to motivate me more than the thought of being slim and sexy! I also just feel better and have more energy when I'm working out and eating healthy, so that helps motivate me too.

Also, try to remember that this is (or should be) a lifestyle change. You're going to have those cravings in the future and maybe you'll indulge again. As long as it's not an every day occurrence and as long as you get back on track, then I think it's ok.
  • CindiBryce
    CindiBryce Posts: 438
    I have gone through numerous bouts of frustration but I always overcome them.
    Always keep your goal in your mind. What do you want more? Happiness and good health or junk food?
    And don't tell yourself you have no will power, because negativity never leads to progress. Find your will power through your determination to lose the weight.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Sometimes I "read" my way back. Read ingredients, read books/magazines about healthy food. If you've not checked out this site http://www.skinnytaste.com/ you should check it out. Lots of good recipes there to inspire. Additionally, keep moving! That's a must. These feelings, for me anyway, are cyclical. Exercise helps pull your mind out of the gutter. The healthy motivation will come back around. Work with what you want, then find or create healthy substitutes. Instead of fried chicken do a baked fried chicken. Instead of french fries, bake them. Grill, bake, steam. Soups are good fillers as well. If you want a casserole use veggies instead of pasta. You can do this!
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Firstly 10lbs is a great loss well done and I found for me once I had lost some weight it was easier to justify and give in to my cravings as I had done well lossing what I had, of course there is noooo logic in this :laugh:, but your brain can do funny things when it comes you justify that piece of chocolate of chinese take away!!!!

So now you just need to put this bad week behind you re-focus on your goals and you will be able to get back on track. You can do it :flowerforyou:
  • I went through this last week. I didn't go over my calories, but I was not motivated to exercise at all!! I exercised one day last week and I still managed to lose 3 lbs. It happens to all of us! There are times when we just fall off the wagon, but you just have to get back on! That is what the people on this site are for! We are here to support and encourage each other. So be encouraged! Today is a new day!!
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    ME TOO!!!!!!! :(

I had been doing so good from feb to july and lost almost 30 lbs. I went on vaca in July (gained only 2 lbs) and couldnt get back on track (now I have gained 5 lbs). Every week I tell my self Im going to do it but never do.
  • mkba05
    mkba05 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm in the same boat! I was ON TOP of this thing called calorie control. Got all into the 5k training program, then was diagnosed with very painful bursitis in my knees. My doctor said to Layoff for a while... That week turned into 3. I'm only up 2 pounds.. (as of now)... but am about 85% as motivated as last time. I'm not sure what happened! This is an awesome site... I love it! That nice thing is that you can start over any day you choose and no one judges you here.

Good luck!
    Amanda
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    I felt it creeping up on me and then blam no will power. I took a 3 day hiatus of logging food and no exercise - I mean none! Sit back and did jack! I'm back on the bandwagon hard by re-assessing my goals and understanding why I started this in the first place. It's hard to get that focus back but I had it before so I can get it again. I have gained so I'm re-losing. Now time to step it up everywhere - nutrition and exercise!
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    I've been going through this all summer!!! Trying to snap out of it now. :explode:
  • I do the same thing....look at old pictures and think to myself, "I complained that I was fat then?" Oh please now look at me. Old pictures are a motivating factor as well. Plus a closet full of clothes (size 8) that don't fit anymore. Trying to keep with it. I don't want my husband to have a "fat" wife. I want him to desire me. Gotta keep yourself in to loop. A lot of people at my work are "on program" so it kinda helps. You have to start to be accountable to other people in your weight loss journey. Then you can "beam" at the compliments. Good luck. I know where you are at now. Keep you head up and try to be strong. We are women!

10296055.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Thank you EVERYBODY!! I'm really, really, really going to try harder. I'm going to take it one day at a time, one meal at a time, one bite at a time. I need to refocus! Thank you again!
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    For motivation, I check out http://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/ That place is full of people with amazing stories. If they could do it, I sure can!Plus, you find out a lot about what you need to do to lose the weight in a pretty sustainable manner.

All this aside, what did you eat before starting binging this week?
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Thank you EVERYBODY!! I'm really, really, really going to try harder. I'm going to take it one day at a time, one meal at a time, one bite at a time. I need to refocus! Thank you again!

Try not to do it one day at a time. Sunday's I try to fix all the main food for the week. Cook my chicken breasts, thaw the salmon, fix the chicken salad (low fat mayo), portion everything else out, cook veggies so all I have to do is warm everything up during the week. This way there is no "thinking" involved.
    It really helps me stay on track. And with kids, working out, a husband, full time job and soccer games it's a must that things are quick and easy. (I do splurge sometimes one meal a week and don't deprive myself of a craving, calories in, calories out says my trainer, so splurging is not a common thing, I don't want to have to do the extra exercise!)

Good Luck, you will get back on track. Don't give up.