Who do you blame for your weight gain?

Options
quichebradford
quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
Do you feel that your weight gain was someone else's fault? I've heard people blame parents, people they were in a relationship with, etc. Who's fault is it that you got to the state you are and/or were in?

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I initially would blame my mother for the way she raised me, but after I became an adult it was kinda my fault.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    As much as I would like to blame companies for making such unhealthy foods, it was my fault and no one elses!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    <
    dat beyotch! :angry:
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Easy , it's all my fault
  • noturninback
    noturninback Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    M-I-N-E! :grumble:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    me, myself and i
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    It's my fault!! No one pinned me down and shoved food down my throat.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Me. I shoved all of that food in my piehole and chose to wear a spot into the couch. It's NOBODY'S fault but mine.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Mine.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    ME!!!!! Especially the second and third times I've gained it back - I KNEW what I was doing and continued to do it. Dummy.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I only have myself to blame.

But I have friends who may not blame their parents for their weight, but *I* blame their parents. I know enough about how they were raised and the things that were done to them with food and psychological abuse and such that I think their addictions to food and binge eating can be blamed on others.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    Can't blame anyone but yourself. Once you became cognizant of the how to eat proportionately, it's your responsibility to figure out how much and what you should eat. No one forces you to make your choices.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    LOL love this question!!! It's not my husbands fault; It's MY FAULT, but since we got married, I gained 25lbs! So, it's just being comfortable with who and where I am that made me gain. Now, I'm not so comfortable looking in the mirror, so I'm going to lose!
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I would like to blame the 3 children I had in 4 years, and part of it was that, but most of it is that I didn't eat right and workout and try to be healthy and lose weight. So for the most part, it's my fault. However, I'm takin it off, slowly but surely!
  • Metalhead187
    Options
    Definitely myself :(
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    My OB/GYN for removing my uterus and giving me hormonal issues???? That sounds good, but it's still my fault because I should have gotten a hold of my body changes sooner!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    <
    dat beyotch! :angry:

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Nope, I just blame myself.
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I can only blame myself.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    100% my fault!! Could never succeed at losing it without first taking responsibility for getting this way!!