Best way to smaller thighs and butt?

Options
Is there a good exercise to make these smaller? I heard lunges but not very good with those.. anything else? Does walking help? I'm not a runner so can't do that!

Replies

• ohmohner
    ohmohner Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    if you have access to a gym I'd say walking on an incline (10) at a moderate pace and the stair climber would be a good way (the one where the stairs actually rotate so it's like you are climbing them)! Even the elliptical machine if you have it at the right incline and add some good resistance (at least 8).

I am a runner, but my knees have been mad at me lately so I have been rotating between all of those, and I think they work really well! You can always do the machines above for cardio and add lunges/squats for extra toning

good luck!
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    if you have access to a gym I'd say walking on an incline (10) at a moderate pace and the stair climber would be a good way (the one where the stairs actually rotate so it's like you are climbing them)! Even the elliptical machine if you have it at the right incline and add some good resistance (at least 8).

I am a runner, but my knees have been mad at me lately so I have been rotating between all of those, and I think they work really well! You can always do the machines above for cardio and add lunges/squats for extra toning

good luck!

Thanks but no access to a gym right now :(
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    walking at a fast pace, jogging, squats ( sit in a chair and get back up to get proper form), lunges, jumping jacks, basketball jumps,running up and own stairs, etc...are all good cardio which will burn fat 9you cannot spot reduce)...they will all make your legs stronger and more toned....
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You want them to be more toned or make the muscle smaller? Making the muscle smaller is pretty hard, you need to be on a very low calorie diet while training heavy.

Just judging from your pic I would say the problem is the fat, not the actual muscle. This will show if you try to flex, then you can get a better picture of the conture of your quads. First try to loose the fat and see if you still feel they are to big, then start training lunges, squats etc like crazy with weights and eating on a maintance level.
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    so I just gotta keep watching what I eat ect and eventually I'll look the fat off my thighs?? I can't target to lose the fat there can I