Calories?

Options
About how many calories do you guys eat during each meal? I have over 900 left for the rest of the day [lunch + dinner], and I don't know if I ate too much/too little during my first breakfast and snack.... I have 1350 calories to spread throughout my day [according to MFP], and I'm not sure which meals should have the most calories and which should have the least!

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    They say breakfast should be the largest, then lunch, then dinner. I just eat when I am hungry regardless of meal size just as long as I stay within limit.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    roughly 300 (give or take) per meal and there really shouldn't be one meal bigger or smaller - they should all be about the same. Hope that helps!
  • bwesser
    bwesser Posts: 61
    Options
    I don't know if I'm much help, but I think it's best to have a big breakfast (most important meal of the day!), a small lunch and a medium dinner.... then again you have to put room in there for snacks if you eat them. I usually go for 100- 200 cal snacks... or an apple which is only 60-90 cals.
    But usually I am between 300- 400 cals for breakfast.
  • ilike2run
    ilike2run Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've also read the 400/400/400 approach with the remainder for snacks. I thinks there's even a book about something along those lines! Best of luck...you'll figure out what works for you!!
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    About how many calories do you guys eat during each meal? I have over 900 left for the rest of the day [lunch + dinner], and I don't know if I ate too much/too little during my first breakfast and snack.... I have 1350 calories to spread throughout my day [according to MFP], and I'm not sure which meals should have the most calories and which should have the least!

It is completely irrelevant. You could eat all of your calories in one meal if you wanted to.
  • jenswwjourney
    Options
    For me, personally I find that if I eat a breakfast higher in protein and fiber I eat less through the rest of the day which allows me to have desert or something more decadent at the end of the night. I have more or less the same caloric intake as you according to MFP and I try to do about 4 300 calorie meals/snacks per day.