Its just me...

Options
Hello. My name is Mark. I have been working out for years with so-so results and decided to try something different...a diet plan!

I currently weigh 240lb and would love to be 210lb and have some serious muscle definition. Only time will tell how calorie counting will work for me. Since I am about 6'1", I am not sure if I will like my look at 210lb, so the goal weight may be adjusted based on appearance and muslce mass.

I have completed a round of p90x and I am just starting the p90x/insanity hybrid to increase my cardio. In addition to "normal" exercise routines, I run in a lot of mud runs, obstacles courses, adventure races and trail runs. I will attempt to keep up a running schedule on top of the hybrid workouts but may need to replace some video workouts with outdoor runs if time allwos for only one or the other.

Thanks in advance to all for motivation!

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    nice read Mark, welcome and good luck

Stu
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You are the same size and weight I am, my guess is to log your food intake and make sure you are eating the right foods and exercising enough to lose weight. I have been reading Runner's World regularly for additional motivation and recipe plans, as well as Hungry Girl and a few other sites. Cut the saturated fats.
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    If you keep up that level of exercise and begin to control your calorie intake, MAN you're going to lose some serious weight. Try having two vegetables with dinner instead of one. It's been a big help to me even though it's a small change. It means I have less room for the high cal stuff. Good luck!
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    HI Mark, welcome.....good luck through this Journey!!!!! i no u can do this!!!!:smile:
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Hi and welcome! This is the first time I have kept track of calories as well. I hope this works. I don't like being fat. I think looking at daily efforts (tracking food and exercise) is a good thing. It is making me really look hard at everything I am doing. I think I didn't realize just how many calories I was eating before. No more excuses. It's all there in black and white now!
    Good luck...keep us posted on your results!