Surprise skills

Options
MrsCon40
MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
What can you do that would surprise people who know you? (PG people!!!!)

I will start....

I am a vegan that can carve a turkey where not one shred of meat is left on the carcass - in less than a dozen knife cuts. Years of watching the Frugal Gourmet and Jacques Pepin paid off! :tongue: There is a rule, though, no pics are allowed of me being a carving master. *shudder*

I can also cook beef perfectly and can tell it's internal temp by touch.

6032539339_b615a6b0ef_m.jpg

Yes, I cooked that two weeks ago. Like I said... I am obsessed with cooking shows :smile:

What can you do that would surprise people?

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    you said PG, I'm out.... kidding. I can do (at least) 100 regular push-ups (in 5 sets of 20 reps, that is) and at least 500 (20 sets of 25 reps) crunches. Did both last night, in fact. :bigsmile:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Nice...you can really heat that meat! :drinker:

eta: I can cook pretty damn well :bigsmile:
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    i have no surprise skills. :(

i can type 98 words a minute. that's about it.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I can hold my liquor REALLY well. I don't know if it legit counts, but I could out drink frat boys when I was in college...

I'm also a really good cook/baker
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    That I am a great cook.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I can use my feet like my hands,for just about everything.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I am a self procalimed, fantasy football genius!!!

prolly doesnt count for much around here :-)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I can use my feet like my hands,for just about everything.

HAHA me too!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I can hold my liquor REALLY well. I don't know if it legit counts, but I could out drink frat boys when I was in college...
    I knew I liked you. I have a good friend who told me her favorite thing about me was that I was her only friend who could keep up with her while drinking. I bet it would be fun to see who between you and me could drink the most. My body just knows when to stop. I fall asleep. I've often woken up the next day with a completely full drink on my night stand. My husband, on the other hand, feels like he should finish his drink. And then he's sick sometimes when he does that.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I have a photographic memory
    I also have unbelievably sensitive hearing, which makes me an excellent eavesdropper.
    I'm really mechanically inclined, I like to take things apart and put them back together.
    I'm obsessed with cars, my knowledge of cars and engines shocks most men I meet. I'm also an excellent driver ;)
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I can tie a cherry stem in a knot using only my mouth!

:tongue:
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I am a self procalimed, fantasy football genius!!!

prolly doesnt count for much around here :-)

I freaking LOVE football!!! Counts here :wink:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I am ambidextrous.... and can juggle.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I can break dance, and pole dance.....people are usually surprised upon their first visit to my home to find a room with nothing but tile squares, a stereo, and two poles in it
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I knew I liked you. I have a good friend who told me her favorite thing about me was that I was her only friend who could keep up with her while drinking. I bet it would be fun to see who between you and me could drink the most. My body just knows when to stop. I fall asleep. I've often woken up the next day with a completely full drink on my night stand. My husband, on the other hand, feels like he should finish his drink. And then he's sick sometimes when he does that.

I'm also the most obnoxiously responsible drunk ever. I make everyone drink at least 2 full glasses of water before going to bed and I make everyone take a vit B pill. I set up the counter for the morning after with more vitamins, bottles of water/OJ, and coupons for McDonalds for my friends who need it as a hangover cure. Its always fun. Qarol, we have to test, see who could get our drink on best!
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I can touch the floor, palms down, without bending my knees, and I'm 38. I could do this when I was 9 months pregnant (at 32).

I also have incredible hearing. I teach high school, and I hear EVERYTHING. Shocks and amazes the kids. I feel like I have a super power sometimes.
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I can not have something stupid to say... all the time ;/
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I brew beer. I can type about 96wpm. I can play music by ear - mostly horns: trumpet, trombone.. I'm not too shabby at the saxaphone. I am not shy, sometimes to a fault. I can make friends with anyone.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I can tell you the corresponding number to each letter of the alphabet on command, no matter how drunk.

ie. P is 16.

You didn't say "useful" skill.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I can touch the floor, palms down, without bending my knees, and I'm 38. I could do this when I was 9 months pregnant (at 32).

I also have incredible hearing. I teach high school, and I hear EVERYTHING. Shocks and amazes the kids. I feel like I have a super power sometimes.

Just a side note: I'd really like to get my hearing tested. I'm convinced I don't hear well.