Recovery Meal

Options
JeffGDDG
JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
I've been trying to do a scoop of whey in 8 ounces of skim milk after workouts. That sound ok? There is just so much information out there and a lot of it contradictory. I hear chocolate milk is one of the better things you can do and figured this should be a good substitute.

Replies

• teenyblnd2
    teenyblnd2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i always do apple slices with peanut butter
  • delainedecker
    delainedecker Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Right after a workout is a good time for a some extra carbs, it helps you recover! Chocolate milk is the perfect carb/protein blend for post workout. There are also other recovery drinks available. protein is good, maybe add a banana??
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Generally it doesn't matter what you take so long as it's handy and easily digestible.

Ideally you want a 2:1 ratio of Carb/Protein or about 30g Carb / 15g Protein for every hour of training.

Chocolate Milk is quick and convenient, but the primary reason it's not universally recommended is simply from the large population who may be either lactose intolerant, or have milk protein allergies.

If that's not you, they by all means go to town with it. :-)

If you want a more detailed article on this check out the following:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/326989-all-about-post-workout-nutrition

Cheers!
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Maybe I'll try adding a fruit.