Actual serving size of Emerald Smoked Almonds??

Options
I know I could answer this by dumping out all the almonds, counting them and dividing by 11, but I thought I'd try this way first...

The serving size listed on the label of a container of these almonds is 1 oz. and 170 calories. There are 11 servings in the container, according to the label. I don't know how many almonds are in an oz., but here's my problem.

On the entry in mfp for this product, it's listed as 28 nuts, and confirmed nine times by mfp users. I'm almost positive that 28 of those puppies constitute more than one serving....

I also Googled my brains out, but couldn't get an answer.

So unless someone can answer how many Emerald Smoked Almonds equals one serving size, I'll dump and count.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    according to my scale 1 ounce of almonds is 23 almonds.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I agree ...1 ounce equals 23 Almonds...one almond = 7 calories, but smoked almonds have some added stuff to them so they may be a little more....170 divided by 7 = 24.29 so I would stick with 23 almonds per serving. :-)
  • pacmanjack
    pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    You convinced me. I felt like 28 (?) seemed like alot of almonds for a single snack, so I'll just bring half a serving to work with me... prob solved.

As always, you all rock. :glasses:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    it is 28 almonds. I eat almonds like crazy, and every brand, flavor, and type is exactly 28. BTW, if you get hungry for bad snacks like chips; try blue diamond habanero bbq flavor. is super yummy!