Holiday Weight Gain

Options
Yes, its happened. The holidays are over and I have officially gained one pound.:sad:
Now, a reflex action might be to get upset, complain about the lack of effect of the workout routine, curse my slowing metabolism, etc., etc. But. There's always a but. The truth is, its just one pound, and I have survived numerous dinners, parties, treats, get-togethers, etc. etc. and picked up what could be just water weight gain. Who knows. The point is, I won't get down - and you shouldn't either when your own goals are frustrated - cause we can still do something about it one day at a time. I know I will not be one pound over at the start of the new year - and before spring (and shorts and t-shirts return) I will be back in shape! Don't lose hope my friends! Lose body fat! Ho ho ho!!!

Replies

• mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes, its happened. The holidays are over and I have officially gained one pound.:sad:
    Now, a reflex action might be to get upset, complain about the lack of effect of the workout routine, curse my slowing metabolism, etc., etc. But. There's always a but. The truth is, its just one pound, and I have survived numerous dinners, parties, treats, get-togethers, etc. etc. and picked up what could be just water weight gain. Who knows. The point is, I won't get down - and you shouldn't either when your own goals are frustrated - cause we can still do something about it one day at a time. I know I will not be one pound over at the start of the new year - and before spring (and shorts and t-shirts return) I will be back in shape! Don't lose hope my friends! Lose body fat! Ho ho ho!!!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    What a great attitude! Im going to try very hard to remember your post when I finally do step on the scale tomorrow:ohwell: I know Im not supposed to beat myself up over a slip-up (like these past 4 days for christmas festivities, leftovers, etc etc) but I have found that I am soo hard on myself if I dont lose each week...:cry: I really need to work on that. Anyway, thanks for the post. It was an eye opener for me:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You are my hero girlfriend! 41 pounds lost so far! You rock!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    i gained 4 pounds :grumble: but im back on the wagon... now let hope we dont ever do it for new years :laugh:

wow i spell like a 2 year old lol
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I have not weighed yet, but I know my jeans don't feel like they should. The last of my company is gone and I throwing out all the leftover goodies today. I am going to the gym. I am done. It is time to get back on the wagon and stay there. It has been a bad month and a half. We took photos the other night at a gathering and while I didn't look enormous in them I feel that way. I don't like it one little bit. So today is it. No more excuses. That wagon better watch out!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    i gained 4 pounds :grumble: but im back on the wagon... now let hope we dont ever do it for new years :laugh:

Ugh. I'm right there with you. The combination of a plateau that hit the second week of December & the Christmas was BAD timing. Back on the wagon!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options

Ugh. I'm right there with you. The combination of a plateau that hit the second week of December & the Christmas was BAD timing. Back on the wagon!

Im back on the wagon today too! I haven't really been 'on the wagon' since september:ohwell:

Have no idea if ive gained any weight....but my jeans are still fitting the same.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I've been taking it easy since the 1st of September and am now back on the program again. My business and holiday schedules have just been a killer for me. Even though I've been working out regularly -- even on business travel -- I've managed to put a couple of pounds on and can feel it.

My wonderful wife bought me an elliptical machine to go with the treadmill, bike and free weights that we have in our little work out room so now I'm able to vary my workout routine and focus on the last 25lbs to get me to my goal by spring.

Mr. Happy you are so right about keeping your spirits up even in the face of adversity.

Good luck to everyone in this coming New Year! :flowerforyou:
  • Kimlane70
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I had a gain of 5lbs. It could have been so worse. I restrained myself better this year than any other year I can remember.
    I'm taking "personal responsibility" for my health and weightloss. No one can stop me this year. I can't wait to see what I look like 50 lbs lighter. I will get there. KIM
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    So today is it. No more excuses. That wagon better watch out!

Awesome attitude. I'm stealing your quote! Thanks for posting.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Lets all get back on the wagon and throw the leftover cookies away:laugh:

Do not know if I gained because I do not step on the scale unless I feel great and know it will say the right number:laugh: but did eat more unhealthy then I normally do so today is a new day and the start of a new week!!!!! Back on mfp track

Alisha
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I'm with all of you! I can't wait to get back home & away from all this junk food & away from my bad habit of eating out of boredom. I'm sure putting my new Wii Fit to use though! I'm thinking for the new year I need to set up more realistic, small milestone goals for my last 20-30lbs.

5 lbs-flowers for myself
    10 lbs-new Wii Fit game
    20 lbs-night in a fancy hotel room
    25-30 lbs- Tummy tuck!!!!!

Hopefully this will help me achieve my goals for the new year & finally take off the last pounds!!!!
    Good luck everyone!!!!!!
  • chickadee10
    Options
    The holidays are so great but they're kind of bad in a way because of all of the food. I eat so much during holidays, just Thanksgiving and Christmas, usually. I gained 5 pounds since November, but I think it's going down.