Toning Legs & Arms

Options
Hey Everyone, soooo I'm looking for good exercises that help tone legs and arms. I'm currently doing the C25K, but it's only 3 days a week.. so on the other days I want to focus on toning my legs and arms. I currently feel like my arms are just straight flab with zero strength, so I'm looking to tone up and build a little muscle. My legs are muscular, but they need toned especially the inner and outer thighs and get rid of some of that cellulite. If anyone has some good exercises/recommendations I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks :)

Replies

• ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    30 Day Shred. Nuff said.
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, barbell curls, chin ups, chair dips.
  • jensenta3
    jensenta3 Posts: 179
    Options
    Hey. Squats, lunges and dead lifts are a GREAT way to tone your legs. Make sure you are doing enough sets and repetitions to feel the burn!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Power Yoga! :)

If you do not have a Power Yoga class near you the Jillian Michaels Power Yoga DVD is only $8 at Target.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Strength training will help you build muscle but to actually see sculpted muscles you just need to burn the fat which means lots of cardio.
  • cmbradfield
    Options
    I do lunges and squats.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    I see this quite often where people are doing a specific program and looking to do "more" in between their workouts. With any properly designed program, there should be Rest stages in between your workouts so that you give the body a chance to recoverm rebuild and thus get stronger from the previous workout. It's this adaptation which a vast majority tend to over look.

C25K is specifically designed with rest days in between sessions so doing something more on those days, will actually be counter-productive to your goals as you're burning up energy that your body is trying to use to strengthen itself.

That being said, if you want to do some toning as well, toss in some Free Body Weight exercises at the end of your C25K sessions and you'll see some great results.

Add in some Squats, Lunges, Pushups and Pull-ups as part of your workout on the same day you do your C25K sessions and you'll give your muscles that additional boost. Just don't oveerlook your rest days in between sessions.

Lastly, while all this will work your muscles effectively, exercise alone is not enough to burn fat and create a toned physique. How you eat (Food Quality...not just Quantity) is 90% of your fat burning mechanism.

Cheers!
  • ssnichole987
    ssnichole987 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    These are GREAT for the thighs/butt. I've been doing them for a couple weeks now and can see a nice diff. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lma8j9qT3h1qkmjmto1_500.jpg
  • brandihutchinson
    Options
    Bump