Beginning is so hard....

Options
It is so hard to start a 'program'. It's too easy to make a mistake, and say 'oh well, I'll just start tomorrow', then eat worst. It feels easier when you can see some results! How long did it take anyone to see results?

Replies

• breeenin
    Options
    I saw results almost instantly. Cutting down fatty meals, exercising and being conscientious of what I put in my body. It's still on my gut, but when people say 'wow have you lost weight' it's definitely a small victory.
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I started with MFP in June and I cannot believe how quickly the time has passed since then! In the first week I lost 5lb. After a few weeks I got hooked on exercise too - now I am finding that my size *UK 14 trousers are far too loose. That was just in 10 weeks or so. Time will pass (far too quickly) whether you get on the plan or not - it's up to you how you will look in a few short weeks.... the same as you are now - or a thinner and more toned version!!! It's only 18 weeks until the big red jolly fella comes down the chimney.... imagine now how you could look then. Good luck & enjoy MFP!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    I started and stopped probably ten times before one day, I looked in the mirror and said "screw this", and got serious. I' started May 1st and I'm down 30 pounds. Nothing fancy. Eat less. Move more. Cut the junk out of your diet. For me, chips, muffins for snacks at work, handful of cookies before and after dinner. Then, I hit the gym and got moving.

Just start. I drop about 1 to 2 pounds a week almost every week. The results can be amazing, and after 4 months, I have pants and shorts falling off of me, and my gut is almost gone. I kick myself for the years of putting off a change for the better, but every day that I weigh myself and the numbers are under 200 (for the first time in probably 2 decades), I know that I can never go back.

Just do it. You will NOT regret it. By Christmas, you can be well on your way! Good luck!

edit: fixed my crappy typing
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to MFP. I've been on here since the beginning of July. The first 2 weeks are definitely the hardest. I actually gained a pound or two at the beginning even though I was within my calorie limit and increased my exercise. I figured it was because my body was getting used to a new lifestyle, and maybe gaining muscle too. After the first couple of weeks, I started seeing the scale go down. Hang in there. You'll be seeing the numbers go down in no time. :)