how to stop hunger headaches

Options
Twice a week I work until 6pm and come 4pm I get really hungry and get a headache is there anything I can do? I do t get time to eat anything really

thanks

Replies

• chantihayes
    Options
    hope someone has the answer, because i have one right now!!! LOL
  • lintul57
    Options
    Can you sneak in a protein bar or a piece of fruit?
  • nycbound7
    nycbound7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you could drink water and eat something before work that fills you up and wont digest so quickly in your stomach
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Given that it's a hunger headache caused by hunger, try this very old, yet incredibly wise remedy. Eat a larger meal before whatever it is you do. Or try to scarf down a snack throughout the day.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    EAT!!! Your body is obviously telling you something! Pack something with protein to keep your blood sugar level for a longer period of time, and when you start feeling hungry, eat it. Don't wait until the headache kicks in. Hope that helps- I had problems with this, too!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    How about keeping a protein bar in your bag? I always take them with me on a trip just in case I get "stuck" so I don't have to choose between eating junk or having low blood sugar. The detour bars are good protein even if a little high in carbs, and designer whey is now making a ready-to-drink shake but I would imagine that it wouldn't be good not chilled. Hope that helps.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    A protein bar. They are quick, easy and don't need to be refrigerated. I keep one in my purse, one in my car and one in my locker at work.

I eat the Premier Nutrition ones - 30g of protein and like 8g of sugar. :)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Eat.

Keep snacks on hand.
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    String cheese is something that you can eat quietly and it is easy to pack, you really need to have something though - why can you not eat during such a long shift? Surely you are entitled to a break! :flowerforyou:
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Keep a snack with you that does not need refrigeration. Your body is begging you for a healthy snack during this time. Don't fight it.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat. Either eat a bigger lunch or find a way to get a snack in, even if you have to fake a bathroom break. You need to listen to your body!
  • Sparrow_Feet
    Sparrow_Feet Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Eat little and often to keep your blood sugar level from peaking and dropping, and drink plenty of water.
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    Given that it's a hunger headache caused by hunger, try this very old, yet incredibly wise remedy. Eat a larger meal before whatever it is you do. Or try to scarf down a snack throughout the day.

Agreed. The answer to your question, is to eat more.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    EAT!!! Your body is obviously telling you something! Pack something with protein to keep your blood sugar level for a longer period of time, and when you start feeling hungry, eat it. Don't wait until the headache kicks in. Hope that helps- I had problems with this, too!

Have to agree with this one. If you are hungry, eat. Protein is great for filling you up, too.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Also, by law you have to have a break (even a 15 minute one) every so many hours. You need to talk to your supervisor if 4:00 arrives and you are starving. Something is out of balance. Just keep a snack with you that you can eat at 4:00 and log it later. Getting to the point of being that hungry is not good for you.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    If you are eating enough, the next question is are you drinking enough? A lot of headaches are due to dehydration.
  • Maree_
    Maree_ Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi thanks for your replies I know I'm not drinking enough water I'm trying to improve that. What are protein bars? I'm from England so if anyone could post a link to some from asda or somewhere that would be great!

• fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you are eating enough, the next question is are you drinking enough? A lot of headaches are due to dehydration.

I agree - my first few days on MFP, I drank 12-15 glasses of MFP. Voila - no headache...and I am a migraine sufferer.
  • rainbowbrite98
    Options
    Also, by law you have to have a break (even a 15 minute one) every so many hours. You need to talk to your supervisor if 4:00 arrives and you are starving. Something is out of balance. Just keep a snack with you that you can eat at 4:00 and log it later. Getting to the point of being that hungry is not good for you.

Not to be contrary, but some states are not obligated by law to give breaks. I live in Michigan and this state doesn't have a law about meal or rest breaks.

The state of Michigan does not have a law guaranteeing meal or rest breaks for workers over the age of 18. Employees, or their union, must negotiate for meal or rest periods as a part of their employment contract. However, there are rules for those under 18, and federal laws on meal breaks apply in Michigan and do provide some additional rights.

Read more: Michigan Break & Lunch Labor Law | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6630347_michigan-break-lunch-labor-law.html#ixzz1WY7jodAt
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    Me too. My doc says drink a big cup of orange juice, and thus far...it works sometimes.