I am going to give a try!

ellie143
ellie143 Posts: 20 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
:drinker: I have been on so many online programs over the last couple years. I go back to weight watchers regularly but do not seem to be able to succeed. i have tried several I have paid for and today took a look at my self and thought lets give this a try. I am 76 years old and would love to loose my last 30 pounds this year. It is such a simple laid out webpage and it is free. How wonderful. I also have loaded the portion control plate on my computer and will try to use that as a prop. I am down 40 pounds from my high and have been up and down this last year with 10 pounds and I know I would feel so much better if I lost more weight. Like I said my problem is portion control and I don't get that with WW's so I am giving up on them. I also started drinking green tea which I love and I will say I do have more energy. Wics me .
Ellie

Replies

• ellie143
    ellie143 Posts: 20 Member
    :drinker: I have been on so many online programs over the last couple years. I go back to weight watchers regularly but do not seem to be able to succeed. i have tried several I have paid for and today took a look at my self and thought lets give this a try. I am 76 years old and would love to loose my last 30 pounds this year. It is such a simple laid out webpage and it is free. How wonderful. I also have loaded the portion control plate on my computer and will try to use that as a prop. I am down 40 pounds from my high and have been up and down this last year with 10 pounds and I know I would feel so much better if I lost more weight. Like I said my problem is portion control and I don't get that with WW's so I am giving up on them. I also started drinking green tea which I love and I will say I do have more energy. Wics me .
    Ellie
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
    there are lots of very informed people to help you out here too so if you have any questions just post!
    I hope you enjoy the site as much as i do

jackie
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Morning Ellie:flowerforyou: Welcome to the site that's going to change your life...you came here for a reason...though you share you've been to many.... this one we hold in our hearts dear...the people are terrific, the tools are ever so helpful...the inspiration and motivation you find will astound you.

Jump in and post, post, post...find your little niche and you'll look forward to waking up and getting to visit with your MFP friends each day!!

I suggest everyone become a regular poster and not live life on the sidelines here on MFP...it can make ALL the difference between stickin to healthy eating and feeling alone and miserable. :sad: :happy: :bigsmile:

We've all been there before...BUT...it's a New Year and time to create some wonderful times together.:drinker:

I just grabbed this thread link off the boards and thought it might interest you Ellie...it's a Thread started by CalieCat and she's super motivated to gather up folks who are interested in success and but finding it a bit harder to lose because of age or any other things that can hinder our success as we get older...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/32925-seniors-golden-sneakers-club

Check it out...She's very very sweet.

Here's to you and all the inspiration and motivation you'll be providing new folks in the very near future yourself!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Great to meet you Hon:drinker: :happy: Please do keep posting..I have to say..I do believe that is a huge part of my continued success here on MFP:smooched:

FC:heart:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Morning Ellie:flowerforyou: Welcome to the site that's going to change your life...you came here for a reason...though you share you've been to many.... this one we hold in our hearts dear...the people are terrific, the tools are ever so helpful...the inspiration and motivation you find will astound you.

Jump in and post, post, post...find your little niche and you'll look forward to waking up and getting to visit with your MFP friends each day!!

I suggest everyone become a regular poster and not live life on the sidelines here on MFP...it can make ALL the difference between stickin to healthy eating and feeling alone and miserable. :sad: :happy: :bigsmile:

We've all been there before...BUT...it's a New Year and time to create some wonderful times together.:drinker:

I just grabbed this thread link off the boards and thought it might interest you Ellie...it's a Thread started by CalieCat and she's super motivated to gather up folks who are interested in success and but finding it a bit harder to lose because of age or any other things that can hinder our success as we get older...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/32925-seniors-golden-sneakers-club

Check it out...She's very very sweet.

Here's to you and all the inspiration and motivation you'll be providing new folks in the very near future yourself!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Great to meet you Hon:drinker: :happy: Please do keep posting..I have to say..I do believe that is a huge part of my continued success here on MFP:smooched:

FC:heart:

I love reading your posts FC, you always have something great to say!
This discussion has been closed.