Slytherin Common Room :)

Options
This is a closed group!!

Hello Slytherins :)
this is your common room to introduce yourselves to eachother and have fun together :]

the members of the group include:

Bubbles143
Regina1185
Nikra419
CatherineElizabeth13
PrincessKrystale
SyllyReth
Always Leader
Bubushka_Dolly
Xtina_86
ErinKeely4
Licacorona
Troy67
Katep2492
Almostgoth
Rexkt
lesley1126
WOWIFEY
reneda
nathalie24
Lynnspittal
EmmaBeckemeyer1

Here once a week I will post something nice and helpful for all of you, a healthy recipe, a hint, an exercise goal for the week, or any general messages i may need to send, or all of the above :D

have fun guys!

Replies

• emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am Emma! I am a stay at home mo to two wonderful active little girls. I am also doing online classes to finish my business degree.
    I started losing weight after my youngest daughter was born. My starting weight was 198lb and I am 5'2. Before joining MFP I lost just under 50lb and I am now down to the last 20ish(today I weighed 147.2lb). I workout almost every day training for triathlons! My next one is September 18th which is also my 25th Birthday!!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am Samantha, a currently unemployed struggling author living out the "glamorous" starving artist life. I decided to start my weight loss journey seriously after being denied sedation at my dentist's office due to high blood pressure. I have a bit of a phobia of the dentist, so that is completely unacceptable.

I am a big nerd and enjoy reading, writing, and video games - leading to a very sedentary lifestyle in the past. However, I have owned DDR for several years and have just purchased a few dancing games for the Wii as well as Wii fit plus. The way I look at it is if I can make exercise fun then I will be more likely to do it. I am looking forward to eventually being able to participate in athletic competitions.
  • Licacorona
    Licacorona Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm a 30 year old mom of an almost 21 month old baby girl. During my pregnancy, I spent almost 9 months of having morning sickness all day every day up until birth. I lost the 23 lbs I gained during pregnancy shortly after birth but once I felt like myself again, I let loose and started eating carelessly. It felt good to eat whatever and not be sick. I took it too far and went to my heaviest weight after having been down for 6 years so I knew I had to put an end to it. I was randomly searching for an app to help replace my calorie counting journal, which is when I came across MFP, and it's been a true blessing for me. I didn't know what it was like to lose weight without weight loss pills or starving myself up until MFP. Since having my baby i've wanted to be the best and healthiest me I could be so I chose not to take weight loss pills ever again. Now, I look forward to updating my meals, my exercise, and hitting that "complete this entry" button every day. Not to mention all the people who I have seen/met on here who have lost weight and look incredible! And now, I will look forward to chatting/losing/working out with all of you!

I realized after a few months on here, that it really helps to join challenges. Once I saw the Slytherin thread I knew I had to join in. It's just too much fun! I hope to lose another 20-25 lbs depending on how I feel once I'm closer. Good luck ladies! Lets do this :bigsmile:
  • janiecorona
    Options
    I joined but my name is not on the list! ):
  • Nikra419
    Options
    Hello!! My name is Niki. I'm a 25 year old veterinary technician and new wife. My husband and I got married on July 4th of this year! I have always been overweight and am now eager to lose so that I can start a family. My risk of PCOS is incredibly high and every day that I remain at this weight puts me one step closer to difficulty conceiving or infertility. I had a miscarriage last year and that really put things into perspective for me. Time to get serious!

I enjoy reading and organizing (call me crazy). My partner in crime is SyllyReth!! She's awesome and I couldn't do this without her!!

Looking forward to winning this thing with my fellow Slytherins!! Good luck to all of you!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am in the same boat as some of you who have already posted. I have around 20 lbs left to lose to get to where my trainer thinks I need to be. Won't be a big help for the weight loss goals of the group but will be supportive, friendly and a good listener.
    Looking forward to interacting with all of you and making this a great group. Good luck to everyone. I'll make it short for now as I am just checking in here at work. Have a great evening.
    Troy
  • Nikra419
    Options
    Wow, Troy, you have made great strides!! Just looking at your success if great motivation for me and I am sure the rest of us here. Nice to meet you. :)
  • Regina1185
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Regina and I am from HOT HOT HOT Arizona! I have 2 kids 5 & 2 and they keep me very busy. I am also a first grade teacher and LOVE it! I started losing weight in February when I was around 267 now I am almost in the hundreds and these last pounds to get there have been the hardest to lose. I am sooooo looking forward to getting to know everyone and reaching our goals together!
  • Reneda
    Reneda Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi everyone!! My name is Reneda. I am from West Virginia. I have been overweight since I was a teenager and have slowly gained more and more over the years. I have a daughter who is 7. I have started having health issues such as high blood pressure and GERD about two years ago and although that should have been a wake-up call, I still didn't listen. A few months ago, I had a dream that if I didn't make better efforts to get healthy, I wouldn't live to be 40 (I'm 33 right now). This was my wake-up call. Since then I've started making efforts to change my lifestyle - not diet.... I started at 301 and made it down to 290 before finding MFP. I am now down to 277, having lost a grand total of 24 lbs (only 13 on MFP). My goal is to change my habits and now unfortunately my daughter's also. she is my best motivator and encouragement. We love to swim together and challenge each other on how many laps we can do around the pool.

I'm excited to be a part of the slytherin team. I want to do whatever it takes to become healthier and to reach my goals. To me, that is a true slytherin - someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to succeed.

Let's go Slytherins!!!
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hiii :) My name is Catherine, but everyone calls me Cat or Kitty, because I kick people who address me by my real name :) I never used to be a fatty, but some unfortunate events led to me eating my feelings and so here I am, age 20 and looking lardy. I'm studying law at University, and have lots of very skinny friends, which has led me to want to get back into my skinny jeans! My whole family are big, i would like to go back to being the one they try to force feed because i look 'too skinny'. I'm loving being a Slytherin. I already have Snape's wand and various other things, this just fuels my ambition to be thinner! :D I hope you all reach your goals. Cat x
  • bubbles143
    Options
    sorry sweetheart, i missed two of yah, if you a nd Regina1185 could resend your info that'd be great :)
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello Slytherin - Ravenclaw Head of House here. Just sayin' hi so I can find you later! Good luck to you all and welcome! :bigsmile:
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Hufflepuff Head of House here!

Welcome aboard, Slytherins! So glad we finally have all the Houses together!
    Good luck!

:bigsmile:
  • princessekrystale
    Options
    WOW this sounds like it's going to be really exciting :)
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow, Troy, you have made great strides!! Just looking at your success if great motivation for me and I am sure the rest of us here. Nice to meet you. :)

Nice to meet you too. Thanks for the friend request. Hope to learn more about everyone here in the future. Have a good night.
  • SKP1986
    Options
    Good to meet all of you.

We all know Slytherin is going to rock this!

Edit: I am currently experimenting with Paleo, so whenever I find a particularly good recipe I will post it in here to share it with everyone :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hey, Slytherin!

Gryffindor Head of House, here :) I'm excited to get our challenge going, good luck everyone!
  • Reneda
    Reneda Posts: 140
    Options
    Good to meet all of you.

Edit: I am currently experimenting with Paleo, so whenever I find a particularly good recipe I will post it in here to share it with everyone :)

what is Paleo?
  • SKP1986
    Options
    Good to meet all of you.

what is Paleo?

It is based off of the best assumptions of what Paleolithic man had available to them. It is very limited on carbs (which I found was the best for me). Carbs come primarily from veggies and the focus is on protein and healthy fats primarily. I am still learning a lot about it, but have been pretty successful with the changes I have made so far. It's a slow process lol, but working, and I never feel hungry anymore. I am still eating carbs from grains right now, but have cut WAY down.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome my fellow Slytherins!! My name is Lesley and I’m a 25 year old Financial Aid Counselor at a University in Massachusetts. My kids include a 3 year old Bichon/Poodle mix named Sagan and a 7 month old blue budgie named Pippin. My fiancé and I just recently got engaged – May 20th to be exact. We were on vacation down in Florida and were at Disney. We stopped to get our picture taken in front of Cinderella’s Castle and he proposed. ^_^ One of the best days of my life! I have only been to Disney 3 times in my life (when I was 3, 6, and 25) and I have cried every single time.
    As you can by the names of my ‘kids’, I’m a huge dork/geek. I am a very big into science - my B.S. is in Middle School Education and Science and my M.Ed, which I will finish in May 2011, is in Science in Education. I got my dog’s name from Carl Sagan who was an astronomer and was somewhat well known in the 70’s and early 80’s. I also enjoy reading (mostly sci-fi and fantasy stuff – as you can tell, my bird’s name I got from Lord of the Rings). I am currently reading The Song of Fire and Ice series… or as more recently known as The Game of Thrones series because of the HBO series. I started reading the books last year BEFORE I knew about the HBO show. It’s taken me a little while, but I’m finally on the 3rd book – A Storm of Swords – because I had so much school work this past year. Now I have a couple weeks off and I’m going full steam ahead and hoping to finish books 3, 4, and maybe even 5 before my classes start back up again. I have also decided that after I finish the Song of Fire and Ice series, I’m going to reread the Harry Potter series because the last time I read them was when the 7th book came out!! I think it’s time to geek over HP again, especially since we’re all doing this challenge. :)
    I also have a blog that I’ve been keeping about my weight loss journey - http://feedsparingly.blogspot.com/. On here, for my very first entry, you can read my story about why I finally decided to get my butt in gear and get moving to lose this weight. I started the blog on July 6th, but started my weightloss journey before then. To make it easier on you all, here is the link to my first entry: http://feedsparingly.blogspot.com/2011/07/fire-under-my-that-i-needed.html.

As mentioned in a previous thread, I have been chosen by our Head of House, bubbles143, to be the first Prefect of Slytherin! Feel free to add me as a friend if you haven’t already! Just be sure to include a message with the friend request please! If you need any advice, support, motivation, do not hesitate to ask! Good Luck and I’m looking forward to working with all of you!