I am new here!

Options
Hello everyone. Good morning. I am new here and I am looking forward to meet all of you on here. I have been trying to lose my post baby weight. Let's just say my baby is almost 2 years and I have about 40 more pounds to lose. So I gained 102 pounds pregnant. Let me just say my bundle of joy was only 9.1 pounds not 60 or 70. I have lost about 60 lbs already since march 2007 when she was born. I haven't lost anything for a year now from january 2008 and now we are in December. Talk about a plateau. But I hang in there and exercise almost daily and eat right even If I have to cry doing it I will not give up until I can see my abs again. I need your help everybody. I have 40 to go and looking forward to work with everybody who is in the same place with me. My husband is tired of my whining because he is blessed with a good metabolism. I want to say nothing at all now and just work hard. He is tired of my whining and yes I have not lost anything for a year and I am sick of it.

Replies

• Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    Hello everyone. Good morning. I am new here and I am looking forward to meet all of you on here. I have been trying to lose my post baby weight. Let's just say my baby is almost 2 years and I have about 40 more pounds to lose. So I gained 102 pounds pregnant. Let me just say my bundle of joy was only 9.1 pounds not 60 or 70. I have lost about 60 lbs already since march 2007 when she was born. I haven't lost anything for a year now from january 2008 and now we are in December. Talk about a plateau. But I hang in there and exercise almost daily and eat right even If I have to cry doing it I will not give up until I can see my abs again. I need your help everybody. I have 40 to go and looking forward to work with everybody who is in the same place with me. My husband is tired of my whining because he is blessed with a good metabolism. I want to say nothing at all now and just work hard. He is tired of my whining and yes I have not lost anything for a year and I am sick of it.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Destined Welcome:flowerforyou: Sounds like this is the perfect place for you then...lots of good tools to be had on this site....keep posting, get to know folks, look to inspired...and in no time at all you'll be the one doing the motivating as well!!

Glad you're here:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • Destined
    Options
    thank you so much for the warm welcome fitness chick. I like the name too. I need to know how you have done it so far. What's working and what's not working. Thanks
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome Destined! :flowerforyou:

I have a hubby with a fast metabolism too, the creep! :laugh:

Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: My fiance eats like a pig and doesn't gain an ounce :grumble: Must be nice :grumble:

But oh well, welcome to MFP....it really works....just stick to the program and make sure you read the Newbies posts Mike has locked on the thread Very good info :drinker:

I'll go get the links......brb :bigsmile:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
  • Destined
    Options
    All you guys have been wonderful. I feel empowered already with all the cozy and warm welcome.
  • Destined
    Options
    thank you so much. I told my honey. I hated him because he can eat all he can eat and still stays the same. I told him honey things gonna change now. I am gonna look like the model with ripped abs while he gets the six pack of bud light in the fridge for doing nothing. aha.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    thank you so much. I told my honey. I hated him because he can eat all he can eat and still stays the same. I told him honey things gonna change now. I am gonna look like the model with ripped abs while he gets the six pack of bud light in the fridge for doing nothing. aha.
    :laugh:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Welcome Destined you have to the right place. It's nice to know that your not alone. Their are a lot of nice people here. I read their posts and get idea's from them. Just remember drink your water as that does help. Fitness chick has been an real inspiration to us all. She says drink that water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I have found that it really heaps. Also one day at a time :flowerforyou: Welcome again.
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    by the way I ment helps not heaps.:blushing: I must be tired water water :drinker: :drinker:
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds so much like mine. I gained 50-60 pounds while pregnant but was already 20 pounds overweight. I have lost around 25 in the last year, but then plateaued. I have a good 30-40 pounds to lose to feel like I want to.

116415.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Destined
    Options
    You are doing great and we will carry this thru together. We love our kids but not the love handles that comes with the package.
  • metra3
    Options
    hi my name is gg and you have done excellent keep up the good work because when i read your message it inspired me even more.
  • Elizabeth1977
    Elizabeth1977 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also new to MFP as of three days ago and relate whole-heartedly with you Destined & Renaegry. My little boy is 19 months old, and I was on bedrest for the last 4 months of my pregnancy due to pre-eclampsia. Unfortunately, I went WAY overboard and ate anything & everything I wanted; so, now I'm paying for those choices. I've lost a little over 50 since having him but still really want to lose another 65 before we try for baby #2 in another year or so. It's great to know there are others out there who can relate & inspire. Here's to 2009! :smile: