Supplements and Vitamins

Options
sherismb
sherismb Posts: 120 Member
Is anyone taking any type of supplements or vitamins in addition to your 1200 calories?? If so, what kind and how are they working out for you??

Replies

• monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I take Fiber with calicumpills, vitamin D12. To make up for not being outside alot
    And i take 2 multi vitamins. I also take a iron pill but thats cause i have low iron
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I always take a multivitamin. Some minerals and vitamins are hard to get naturally in even the best diets. mine are gummy prenatals (normal multis make me sick for some reason) and they are a tasty treat for me too :)
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin (a generic A-Z) and a cod liver oil but I've done this since January this year when I was sick with swine flu. Can't hurt - what your body doesn't use you'll pee out!
  • KetoMomRN
    KetoMomRN Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I take a women's multivitamin and Cinnamon capsules for insulin resistance (PCOS). I noticed a drastic difference with the cinnamon, not sure about the multi but I figure it doesn't hurt :)
  • computerwizsheri
    Options
    I take Source Naturals Life Force Multiple (buy it on Amazon). Since taking it regularly, my nails which always peeled and broke off are really hard and long. I have to trim them when they get too long so I can comfortably type (never had that problem before). That's the main difference I've noticed.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin (a generic A-Z) and a cod liver oil but I've done this since January this year when I was sick with swine flu. Can't hurt - what your body doesn't use you'll pee out!

Not true. There are water soluble vitamins and fat soluble vitamins. If you get an excess of the fat soluble vitmains they build up in your liver and CAN harm it. You would have to take an excessive number of supplements for this to occur with most fat soluble vitamins/minerals. The water soluble ones yes, you simply pee out what you dont need, hence why we need to replenish them daily and throughout the day because your body may not have needed it 6 hours ago but it needs it now.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    this helps ,e pick out my multi vitamins...thanks everyone