*Modified* 30 day shred &couch to 5k

Options
Hi,

I'm Meghan, I'm 26 and live in Oakland, CA. I just joined yesterday and my goal is to lose 30 pounds I've gained since college by January 2012. More importantly than the number that shows up on the scale, I want to trim down 3 sizes and tone up.

I LOVE to eat and am not a picky eater whatsoever. I am also not a fan of calorie counting. As much as I'd like to follow Dr. Fuhrman's eat to live diet by eating primarily whole foods in the form of abundant veggies and fruits, limited whole grains, and healthy proteins (primarily plant-based protein and fish), my food choices from the last few months would not reflect that. I'm a sucker for McDonald's (gross, I know), Taco Bell, as well as Real Mexican food, thai food and beer. My poor food choices and lack of self discipline have added not on a physical weight on me, but an mental and emotional weight.

It looks like a lot of people have had success with a combo of 30 day shred and c25k, so I am going to jump start my fitness plan with that as well as entering my food choices into my food diary. I haven't actually bought the 30 day shred video, so am starting out with the Jillian Michaels workouts On Demand. I am on day 2 and phew! I'm so out of shape!

Replies

• attcute
    attcute Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I WISH YOU MUCH SUCESS...JUST KNOW THERE WILL BE DAYS THAT ARE NOT SO GOOD...ITS OKAY...DONT GIVE UP!!
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You have a great plan! That's the first step to achieving your goals! I wish you luck. Add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm a C25K grad and I loved it.
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Hi Meghan, I am on day 7 level 1 of "the shred" and I plan on adding C25K tonight. I was doing 30 min on the tredmill after the "shred" so I thought it would be nice to add the c25k. Good luck and add me as a friend if you like. I have alot more to go than you but I understand your food choices.

Take care,
    Gen
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you that I am in week 6 of the couch 25k and it is awesome! I am not so sure about the 30 day shred. Could you tell me where I can find that program? I have 30 some pounds to go until I reach my goal and would love to hear how I could better my day to day program. I am with you on the mexican food as well. I am a complete sucker for it! LOVE IT! I have not been losing as fast as I would like and would like to know how things are going for you in your program. And if you need any support with the c25k let me know it can be daunting some days!

Have a great week!
  • lionsaults
    Options
    I live four hours away from Oakland! Lol.
    Good luck on your goal. (:
  • Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just started the c25k too! Today will be my second day. I'm going to add you, I'm interested in hearing how someone else does on it. I'm extremely out of shape, so I'm having to slow it down even more than the plan suggests. But I'll get there eventually.
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I am on day 8 of 30 day shred. It will get easier by day 5,6. I don't do it everyday I do 3 times a week. I also walk on the treadmill, can't jog because I've had an injury to my leg over 3 months ago. but the combo of Jillian and jogging/walking will make a big difference

Good Luck
  • LovingMyselfAgain
    Options
    How exciting! I just started yesterday too, and am super excited for this journey!! I have heard that the 30 day shred is great, and i know that ALL Jillian Michael videos are great! However, i had no idea they were on demand!! That is awesome... Best of luck to you... stay positive, and on track... you are in complete control of your own health...
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Although a lot of people would agree that fast food is not good, it's all about making "better bad choices". I believe in baby steps!! Also combining resistance training (30DS) with cardio (C25K) is a great mix!! You'll get great results! You will need to keep track of your eats though. If you eat too little, your body won't burn the stored fat (it'll burn your lean muscle mass, which, health wise, is not good). If you eat too much, it just negates the exercise. You can and will meet your goals, girlie!! MFP will make sure of it if you remain dedicated to your program! Best of wishes!!!
  • quelquun
    quelquun Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Of course, since I'm just in the first week I feel pretty stoked about everything... I know that won't be the case everyday, as I have definitely been in this same place before- So glad I have support from all of you!
  • quelquun
    quelquun Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Jillian Michaels,one of the trainers from Biggest Loser, has a series of really awesome workout videos. I've recently become such a homebody, so leaving the house to work out can be really difficult. "30 Day Shred" is just one of them you can purchase. But Comcast has a couple of the levels On Demand if you have cable and want to try it out first (which is what I'm doing). You can do a search for the videos on google, they're only like... 10 bucks at target?