Countdown to the New Year Challenge Week 4 - Final--Dec 31

Options
Well, this is it.

I didn't make my 10 pound goal - but I remained under 200 so I am happy. 7 pounds so far for the month for me-with Christmas and my father in law passing-we had SO much comfort food brought to us. I did get to 9 1/2 pounds but gained a bit back. That's the first time since I started this adventure that the scales went backwards but with everything that happened - I am ok with it. I've been back at it and doing good for 2 days now - I threw away all the remaining junk food that was brought here.

So here's to all you ladies who have done your best thru this month long adventure with me :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: - Three cheers!!!

So we should all check in Wednesday on December 31 - our last day....

Maybe by then I'll report another couple pounds!

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Well, this is it.

I didn't make my 10 pound goal - but I remained under 200 so I am happy. 7 pounds so far for the month for me-with Christmas and my father in law passing-we had SO much comfort food brought to us. I did get to 9 1/2 pounds but gained a bit back. That's the first time since I started this adventure that the scales went backwards but with everything that happened - I am ok with it. I've been back at it and doing good for 2 days now - I threw away all the remaining junk food that was brought here.

So here's to all you ladies who have done your best thru this month long adventure with me :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: - Three cheers!!!

So we should all check in Wednesday on December 31 - our last day....

Maybe by then I'll report another couple pounds!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I am with you Chrissy!

Look how good we all did even with christmas so imagine if we had a month with no holiday!
    I loved this 10lb challenge I really think we should have it every month to keep us all motivated, any one with me?

I had hit my 10.2lbs on christmas morning but had gained 2.2 back. I had lost 1lb of it but ate WAY TOO MUCH sodium yesterday so now cleaning out my body today with lemon water!

Good luck everyone!
  • cocodanyelle
    Options
    Good job everyone I reached my ten pounds sometime last week maybe even last monday. everyone keep up the good/hard work. tamara
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone I reached my ten pounds sometime last week maybe even last monday. everyone keep up the good/hard work. tamara

oops I was on my friends profile when I typed that. sorry
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    I didn't reach my goal, i was down another pound last thursday but i gained it back and then some.
  • butterflydiva
    Options
    Well I didn't lose the 5lbs I wanted but I did lose 4. So close.... so close ....
    Congrats to everyone who made their goal or came close too it.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    At this rate, I'm hoping to be back where I started for the New Year :grumble:

Though I really do think my parents' scale is different than mine, so I'm very eager to get back to CO tomorrow and see what my scale tells me ('cause I really don't think I gained 2lbs in one day, even if I was traveling, ie, not exercising at all)
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Well I hit my 10lbs (again)!

Hope I can lose more by our final weigh in tomorrow

Good luck everyone! :drinker: :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    At this rate, I'm hoping to be back where I started for the New Year :grumble:

Though I really do think my parents' scale is different than mine, so I'm very eager to get back to CO tomorrow and see what my scale tells me ('cause I really don't think I gained 2lbs in one day, even if I was traveling, ie, not exercising at all)

Every scale is different - I really need a new one - I usually weigh about 5 times and I take the number that comes up twice - it's a pain!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Chrissy: Get the digital Weight Watchers Body Fat Scale I love mine!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Jenn - where did you find it?
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Well tomorrow is it - everyone check in with your overall progress in December.....

On another note - had my 6 month cancer check up today and everything was great. Doctors were so proud of my weight loss and it felt SO good!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Well the bad news is I started December at 149 and didn't lose a stupid pound. :explode: I'm ending December at 149 too. :sad: The good news is I didn't gain any weight over the holidays. Well Thursday is a new year and I'm going to start all over again with new goals and a new ticker. Good luck and congrats to everyone else. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • natalia221
    Options
    Made it to 9 pounds lost.
    Im happy with the results.

Good job everyone
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Chrissy: Mine was a xmas present last year but you can get them anywhere.......try walmart
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Here is my final weigh in

Start -205.2
    WK 1 - 203.4
    WK 2- 201.8
    WK 3- 198.2
    Final- 193.8!!!

Total is 11.4

Good Luck Everyone! :drinker: :drinker:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Hey Chrissyh, I lost 7lbs too :drinker:
    Can't be bad, had a bad month with one thing and another, and then CHRISTMAS!!!!! :grumble: :laugh:

Anyways, it's New Year's Eve, and I'm hosting a party tonight, and will be desperately trying to keep awaqy from all those bad nibbles I will be cooking :ohwell:

Hope everyone has a good one, Happy New Year :drinker:
    Jackie xx
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    i lost 8pounds 206 to 198
    my goal was to get under 200
    so i did that but didnt do ten pounds!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    HA! I WAS RIGHT! 164!!! :heart:

And quite frankly, I'm happy enough that in the worst month of the year (as far as weight-loss goes, with my birthday, end of semester and final exams, and Christmas) I not only didn't gain, I LOST A POUND!! :bigsmile:

Congrats on the great check up, chrissyh! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Great job everyone!

Happy New Year!!!