super-fast super-healthy breakfast ideas??

Options
I've gotten into a bit of a rut and am looking for some new breakfast ideas. I need something fast - that I can grab and go. But also, I don't want it to be high in carbs, and I can't have dairy. (anything high in protein and with veggies is my first wish)

Currently its often hard boiled egg and some fruit, or oatmeal in the winter, but I'd like something more flavourful but still nutritious.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burrito, made with whole grain wrap, scrambled eggs, and veggies cooked into the eggs.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I just made a scramble with two eggs, mini peppers, onion, garlic, and herbs de provence. You could totally prep this the night before and keep it in the fridge and eggs take barely any time to cook. Paired it with a pear and a piece of toast and I am STUFFED! Under 350 cals too :)
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    what about some spinach wheat wraps? that's normally what I eat, I'm vegan so I add some fake grilled chicken you could do real chicken the freeze it.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    thank you,I never thought of scrambled with veggies and herbs all wrapped to go, and the pre-grilled chicken is great too.
    Wonderful ideas!
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    For me it's a Shakeology meal replacement shake... fast 2 minutes and I'm out the door with it. Tastes pretty good too!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    overnight oats
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Mine: 1/2 cup fage 0% fat yogurt, some blueberries and black berries, one banana. Add honey or sugar as you wish. Around 220-250 calories and super fulfilling.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on wheat bread. Good for protein and fiber.
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    shakeology w/ almond milk (silk or blue diamond)
  • redefiningmyself
    Options
    overnight oats

what are overnight oats?
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I either make myself a veggie omelet or have Shakeology. Which ever I have time for. Egg Beaters has a Southwestern style with veggies already added. Makes it way faster!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    What I've been having lately is a vita-top muffin and a mocha protein shake. It's really good and the fiber and protein keep me full longer than anything else I've tried.
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great idea's I am bumping this for later to see what other yummy things you wonderful people are coming up with. :happy:
  • pro2know
    pro2know Posts: 19
    Options
    I make a green drink in the blinder

1 cup frozen blueberries
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    2 big hand full of raw spinach
    1 juice from a grapefruit
    1 juice from a lime
    1 banana
    1 avacado (optional)
    1/2 cup of water
    makes 32 oz drink

It sounds nasty and it looks even worse but it is great and it helps detox
  • jereedy1089
    jereedy1089 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I typically make a green power protein shake in the mornings and i love them!

The smoothie drink I make consists of 1 cup organic kale or you can use organic spinach greens, 1 small or medium banana, 5 small organic strawberries/fresh or frozen, 6-8 oz of water, 2 scoops of all natural whey protein powder, it is usually the color green but it tastes great and you can hardly taste the greens! I try to avoid anything with chemicals in it too esp. the whey protein powders!

I have also made smoothies using kiwi in place of the banana and strawberries, kiwi and kale and spinach smoothies are great too!

Hope this helps, if not...there's always greek yogurt (the lowfat-nofat kind that is)! :)
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    oatmeal or turkey bacon and egg whites.
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl egg mugs..takes like 2 min and they are delish.
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1573
  • redefiningmyself
    Options
    wow, lots of fabulous ideas! thanks everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas. As you may already know, I sometimes eat leftover dinner for breakfast but not everyone can handle that in the morning. I found a low-cal bread that will give you lots of "toast" options. I also think it is pretty normal to be in a breakfast rut. Most people eat the same group of choices because they are usually quick and easy options that we like to eat when in a hurry.