Calories Burned help (Leslie Sansone Miracle Mile)

Options
Hello! I am not sure how to appropriately log the exercise I just completed.

I did this miracle mile video tape and it is to walk a mile in 15 minutes. The video states that it starts at 3.75 mph, increases in the middle up to 4.3 mph and then goes back down to 3.75 before hitting the cooldown.

I would never think I could actually walk more than 2.5 mph normally but while my steps were smaller towards the middle or end, I kept up the pace of the music.

Any suggestions as to how to log this in my exercise log?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nickie

Replies

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'd average the times. If you covered a mile in 15 minutes, I'd log it as 15 minutes at 4.0.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I do her walking videos all the time. SINCE she dnt just do walking... she incorporates numerous other moves I just post it as aerobics.
  • balowry1
    balowry1 Posts: 85
    Options
    I workout to Leslie Sansone's DVDs almost every day, as you can see on my diary. A 15 minute mile burns at least 100 calories. I can burn 300-450 calories for a 45 minute workout (3 miles). I added her DVDs to my database under cardio, and I use a HRM to calculate the calories I burned. The days I don't use the HRM, I just use the average of 100 calories burned per 1 mile.
  • nickcoffey
    Options
    On Leslies website she states that the average person burns 130-180 calories per mile that they do with her dvds I have a 4 mile dvd and I just created a custom workout for that dvd and said it was 600 calories because that's probably around what I burn doing the dvd
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    thank you all so much!